main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Hello From Northern England

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by sheri67, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheri67

sheri67 Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2005
    Hi,

I came to one of your meeting once about 4 years ago. My name is Sheri. I have recently remarried and moved to England. Just wanted to say Hello.

Sheri

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Um, hello.

Crumpet?

3. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Blood sausage?

Bosh

"Hee Hee, Blood Sausage."

4. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Hello, and thanks for stopping by. Whereabouts are you living on the island? I spent a year or so in the Midlands back in the 90's.

5. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    Hi Sheri.

Nice of you to say hello. We've never met, but I'm going to go ahead, be rude, and ask for a favor. Several members of the collectors club out here have fallen in love with the "Star Wars Fact Files" (only available in the UK). Do you ever see them around where you live? If so, would you be willing to send them over to us? We'll pay you with real money! :)

Dan

6. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    a big Jedi bow to you ......

and ....yeah....I will be rude also and ask about the Fact Files....there were tons of them up for bid on e-bay a while back...but now there has been diddly...
    I have over half of them...but I have still many to find...

7. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Hiya Sheri

Hope everything is going tickety-boo for you in England. I don't want to waffle on for yonks about the same dribble but I want to emphasize how ace it would be if you could be our "Fact Files Liaison" in Britain. No one here will filch, or diddle with you, and if they even thought of it they would have something really beastly done to them, I assure you. But as I'm sure you've already sussed, a few of us have already splashed out a great many quid to get what we have managed to piece together of them for our collections. Having someone on the other side of the pond looking out for us would be dog's bollocks! Cheers!

and when the rest of the group figures out what all that slang loaded message means they'll have had a true taste of Britain...LOL:D

8. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Fact Files, Schmact Files. What I'm really intrigued about is a link to new episodes of Doctor Who in the spring. :D It all depends on how long we'll have to wait for those episodes to be shown on American TV.

Phil

9. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Keep lounging around the "Star Wars" boards and I'm sure you'll find what your looking for Phil....NOT!!! :p

10. sheri67

sheri67 Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2005
    Hi guys,

I live half way between York and Leeds. It is great over here. Driving though!!! I'll do what I can for you re Dr. Who (new ad on TV here) and the Star Wars Files. My collection of Stars Wars is still in the states with family. It would cost £££ to send it over. Would the best place to sell be on E-bay?

Sheri

11. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Bow...you ain't just "whistling dixie" when it comes to shipping/mailing expenses to England...I know first hand what a bit that can take out of you. All of the Fact Files that I have won so far have cost MAJOR $$ for shipping....

So I am already braced for the worst...
    ;)

12. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    You think England is expensive....sheesh, try getting a heavy set from the outback of Australia!! Now that was some crazy Airmail $$$$.

E-Bay would be an option, but if you wanted to sell to specific people in this group, you could just pre-determine your price, and then open yourself up a Paypal account and we could just transfer funds that way to you for whatever it is you want to sell. That way all of our business could be handled through PMs and private emails rather than e-Bays system. And Paypal is the system that e-Bay uses for fund transfers anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.