Hello from Penn State!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Riven_JTAC, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd, Skiara
  1. Riven_JTAC Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey folks,

Despite my life-long love of Star Wars, it hasn't been until the last few weeks that I've finally decided to join a Star Wars forum. I joined the forum at the SW:TOR website, and stumbled across this a few days ago.

I'm a grad student at Penn State (seventh straight year coming up...) studying for my law and MBA degrees (previously obtaining a Bachelor of Supply Chain & Information Systems).

I'm kinda a mix of old- and new-school Star Wars. I refuse to watch the special editions of the original trilogy, but I gladly watch The Clone Wars. I much prefer 90s/early 00s-era EU novels like the Thrawn Trilogy and the X-Wing series, but I am eagerly awaiting/looking at some of the newer material, like Knight Errant and the sequel to Allegiance.

I hope to have a good time here with fellow Star Wars fans!

(And as you've probably noticed, I talk a lot...)
  2. Darth_Gamek Jedi Knight

star 6
  3. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Welcome aboard. I see you've already found your way to some of the forums so I'll just say have a good time and ask if you have any questions. :)
  4. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Welcome to the JC!! If you're interested in The Clone Wars, check out [link=http://boards.theforce.net/live_action_clone_wars_classics/b10467/p1]Live Action, Clone Wars and Classics[/link] (which we call LACWAC), our TV forum.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!!

(Edit: Made the link working again. :) )
  5. TrakNar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nice to see another Pennsylvanian around these parts (I'm from the York area). Welcome!
  6. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome to the JC, Riven! :D

Great that you joined us and you'll find out that it's even more fun to chat. There are a thousand things to do. Games, talks about everything you can think, you'll find a place. :D

Enjoy your stay! :)
  7. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 9
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval A Porg of Disapproval

Manager
    star 8
    Hi Pennsylvanian! I just returned from a trek through Pennsyltucky where I ate at several Eat & Parks. I was at a convention in Butler and finally ate at an Eat & Park and became an addict to their amazing terribleness. I live in Philly and am currently safely back home. My wife is from near Penn State. Welcome. I have absolutely no idea what this post is about. I just like Eat & Park as of this past weekend and you mentioned Pennsylvania. Other than that, this probably constitutes as borderline trolling. Or at the very least meandering.
  9. Riven_JTAC Jedi Master

star 4
    Haha! It's okay.

Eat n' Park is good times. I love their Bananas Foster French Toast. Soooooo good. I kinda feel like going there for breakfast buffet right now that you've mentioned it... but I know I'd eat way too much . lol

I'm actually from the eastern side of the state originally, the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area. I go down to Philly occasionally. Not a fan of big cities, really. Spent too much of my life in suburbia.
  10. Teegirloo Jedi Master

star 6
    Hi Riven welcome to the boards. You might want to check out [link=http://boards.theforce.net/eu_community/b10194/p1]The Expanded Universe Community[/link] or [link=http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/p1] Literature[/link] It maybe of interest to you. Hope you enjoy your stay.[:D]
  11. Riven_JTAC Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you. I already have, for sure. ;)

Very engaging place.
Moderators: Bazinga'd, Skiara
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.