main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello from Penn State!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Riven_JTAC, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey folks,

Despite my life-long love of Star Wars, it hasn't been until the last few weeks that I've finally decided to join a Star Wars forum. I joined the forum at the SW:TOR website, and stumbled across this a few days ago.

I'm a grad student at Penn State (seventh straight year coming up...) studying for my law and MBA degrees (previously obtaining a Bachelor of Supply Chain & Information Systems).

I'm kinda a mix of old- and new-school Star Wars. I refuse to watch the special editions of the original trilogy, but I gladly watch The Clone Wars. I much prefer 90s/early 00s-era EU novels like the Thrawn Trilogy and the X-Wing series, but I am eagerly awaiting/looking at some of the newer material, like Knight Errant and the sequel to Allegiance.

I hope to have a good time here with fellow Star Wars fans!

(And as you've probably noticed, I talk a lot...)

2. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Welcome! :D

3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Welcome aboard. I see you've already found your way to some of the forums so I'll just say have a good time and ask if you have any questions. :)

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC!! If you're interested in The Clone Wars, check out Live Action, Clone Wars and Classics (which we call LACWAC), our TV forum.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!!

(Edit: Made the link working again. :) )

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Nice to see another Pennsylvanian around these parts (I'm from the York area). Welcome!

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome to the JC, Riven! :D

Great that you joined us and you'll find out that it's even more fun to chat. There are a thousand things to do. Games, talks about everything you can think, you'll find a place. :D

Enjoy your stay! :)

7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome!

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hi Pennsylvanian! I just returned from a trek through Pennsyltucky where I ate at several Eat & Parks. I was at a convention in Butler and finally ate at an Eat & Park and became an addict to their amazing terribleness. I live in Philly and am currently safely back home. My wife is from near Penn State. Welcome. I have absolutely no idea what this post is about. I just like Eat & Park as of this past weekend and you mentioned Pennsylvania. Other than that, this probably constitutes as borderline trolling. Or at the very least meandering.

9. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Haha! It's okay.

Eat n' Park is good times. I love their Bananas Foster French Toast. Soooooo good. I kinda feel like going there for breakfast buffet right now that you've mentioned it... but I know I'd eat way too much . lol

I'm actually from the eastern side of the state originally, the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area. I go down to Philly occasionally. Not a fan of big cities, really. Spent too much of my life in suburbia.

10. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
  11. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Thank you. I already have, for sure. ;)

Very engaging place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.