Hi Hello from Scotland

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by muldwych, Dec 6, 2013.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. muldwych Jedi Youngling

Hello everyone,

So I thought it was about time I joined a Star Wars forum and after some digging around I decided on this lovely place :D .

I have been a Star Wars fan since as far back as I can remember, I am 35 and my brother is 4 years older than me so I can remember just always having Star Wars toys in the house and the movies always being on.

As I got older I became hooked on Comic Books and Sci Fi but mainly my “big Two” of Star Wars and Doctor Who ^:)^ .

I watch loads of Sci-Fi, Sci-Fantasty and Horror but I would say my two big addictions are Doctor Who and Star Wars so after being a member of a Who forum for years and I decided to join a Star Wars one too.

I have three kids and my two eldest are both now MASSIVE Star Wars fans and recently I have branched out from the films to the extended universe thank s to them because they watch Clone Wars and Star Wars lego.

Daughter is the eldest at 12 and just as big a nerd as me and son is 8 and Autistic. He attends a disabled school but loves his Star Wars and Who also.

Anyways my daughters love for Star Wars and Comic Books like me has let to me just getting into the Star Wars comics and I purchased both Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm and Dawn of the Jedi: Prisoner of Bogan last week to start my collection and drag me away from my Batman books.

I will be getting Clone Wars DVD’s soon as we only jumped on at Season 5 and along with getting the comics I want to try Star Wars The Old Republic game too after 9 years of EVE Online and World of Warcraft.

Its brilliant because although I have love movies and been watching them hundreds of times in the last 30 years+ due to my amazing, gorgeous, nerdy kids I have fallen in love with Star Wars all over again and am now discovering a whole new world of extended universe [face_nail_biting] .

I used to write a Doctor Who blog and had an X-Men podcast as well as been writing for the sidekickcast.com for a while but since my youngest (and FINAL) child came along last year I haven’t done any blogging or podcasting really but would love to get back into it eventually and who knows looks like it will most likely be about Star Wars.

I’ll stop waffling on now like I do and bid a fair thee well and hope to chat on the boards, I am a pretty active member at the other two forums I frequent [face_peace] .
  2. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome muldwych! :)

You're pretty talkative. That's good and will help you to get familiar to this forum fast. As I usually suggest, take a bit time to visit all different boards, but especially FF Scotland at the FF UK board (just use the blue prefix at the top to find all topics about Scotland)! There you'll find other fans from area and sometimes they even meet. It's always fun to join those meetings, but it's up to you if you do so or not. :)

Have a good time! :)
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    Cheers, @muldwych - Failte Nua Duine. I am a citizen of that lovely spot to your left (Armagh to be exact), but am currently residing in the US. It appears you have a rather active fandom, so you will find plenty to discuss here. Have a brilliant go of it and ask in here if you have any questions or concerns.
  4. muldwych Jedi Youngling

Thank you kindly for the replies :)

About to have my first proper troll through, have got tapatalk also so can chant mobile or when on the loo ;-)
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    Wait... did you mean "stroll through" or "troll through"...??? [face_hypnotized]
  6. Donaldson Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello Muldwych! good to have more jocks about.

He doesnt mean troll like you think Chorus. Not the trololol meaning. It`s an expression over here for having a look.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    I am aware. We use it in Belfast as well. :p
  8. muldwych Jedi Youngling

Yip i meant troll ;-)
  9. duende Jedi Master

star 5
    hi!!! welcome to scotland!
  10. Mr. K Moderator Emeritus

star 5
  11. Falcon Chosen One