main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harris, PA Hello Harrisburg/York PA!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BobaChris12, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Any Star Wars fans out there?

2. del

del Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2008
    I'm here! Now I just need to find new members, fix the place up, maybe install is disco ball... :)

3. DarthRavenous1

DarthRavenous1 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2010
    I am the Captain of the M.F.S. Blazing Swords, a Maquis Forces International Star Wars & Star Trek fan club. We meet the 3rd Saturday of the month with the M.F.S. William Penn at Pizzatown, Elizabethtown, PA. Both the Blazing Swords and William Penn are Sci-Fi clubs on Facebook. I am also the Association Coordinator for the Susquehanna Valley Sci-Fi Association. June 19th we are having a **private/invitation only** screening of Empire Strikes Back for the Harrisburg area Sci-Fi clubs at a camp ground near Elizabethtown.

4. DarthRavenous1

DarthRavenous1 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2010
    The (PA)Susquehanna Valley Sci-Fi Association, a division of the Science Fiction & Fantasy Fandom Federation, and also is part of the Maquis Forces International Zone 3. The S.V.S.F.A. represents Sci-Fi fan clubs located in Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, and York counties in the state of Pennsylvania. The purpose of the Association is to organize and/or promote social activities so that Sci-Fi fan groups can hang out and have fun together. It seeks to act as a clearinghouse so that members of one group can learn about the activities of another. The S.V.S.F.A. doesn't seek to recruit for any particular fan group or to compete with other fan groups. It will only organize its own activities when there is a perceived void that other groups are not filling. The Association will be run in such a way as to benefit the various Sci-Fi groups in the PA Susquehanna Valley area. Moderators of the Yahoo and Facebook groups function mainly be to keep postings on topic. There is currently no cost to subscribe to the S.V.S.F.A., as it is open to all Sci-Fi fans of whatever stripe they may be whether Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate SG1/Atlantis/ Universe, Babylon5, Battlestar Galactica (old or new), Dr. Who, Firely/Serenity, or any others. If anyone wishes to form a new Sci-Fi group(ie, closest Stargate club is in MD, 1 is needed in PA) or plan an activity we encourage them to post their intention on our site so that anyone else who shares their interest can contact them and help to get the new group/activity started.

5. BattousaiCV

BattousaiCV Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2007
    I'm interested in seeing something happen out here.

(York Springs, Adams County resident)

6. del

Jul 4, 2008
    Welcome! Feel free to pass the message along to anyone you think might be interested. If we get enough members and some activities planned, we'll try to be all official-like.

7. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Hey, I live in Carlisle, PA, about 20 minutes from Harrisburg. I just found this forum, even though I've been here over a year. :oops:

Anyway, how many people are from this area?

8. JediMasterMark

JediMasterMark Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2010
    I'm here in the Harrisburg area... also a member over at Rebel Legion and soon to join Jedi Assembly as well. Anyways, if there are any get togethers or cool stuff happening in the area, I'm in!

9. del

Jul 4, 2008
    Not a lot of people have joined yet, so I've been putting off trying any kind of get together. I actually have only had a semi-working computer until recently, so sorry I haven't logged on to welcome you yet. So, how about everyone tell a little about themselves? I am from Middletown, 33 years old and work with children with behavioral/mental health issues.

10. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Whats going on Harrisburg? I just wanted to drop by and say Hi!

11. JediMasterMark

JediMasterMark Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2010
    Hey there, Big Dan! Thanks for giving a shout out here... what's good with you in the SW Universe lately?

I've just gotten my hands on the Star Wars Encyclopedia. It's a massive 3 volume book set that reminds me of the old World Book encyclopedias I had when I was little. Pretty cool, not quite enough pictures, but entries for just about everyone and anyone in the SW universe, including the comics and EU stuff. I've also just picked up the d20/Wizards RPG book, thinking about starting that up...

Anyway, take it easy!

Mark

12. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Where is everyboy? Let's get the PA party going! [face_dancing]

13. del

Jul 4, 2008
    I keep checking back and trying to keep threads going...

14. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    It will happen. Everyone starts out slow. Have faith and things will happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.