main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello, I am Aeneas 1138, human-cyborg relations.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Aeneas 1138, May 1, 2014.

1. Aeneas 1138

Aeneas 1138 Jedi Knight star 1

May 1, 2014
    Greetings. I could not resist the title of the thread. Nor could I resist the (presumably common) '1138' suffix, since it is something that means so much to the fans, but nothing to casual viewers. The classicists will understand the name 'Aeneas'.

Here is the description I wrote the for the 'about you' part of my profile:

"A life-long Star Wars fan, I grew up watching the prequels. I consider ROTS the best film ever made. I was profoundly pro-Lucas, until he sold my favourite fictional creation to Disney. I am also profoundly pro-Jedi, and reject the notion the Order had become corrupt or hubristic and that it shares the blame for its downfall. I hope Ahsoka lives."

I should probably have introduced myself before my first post, but, having just watched the magnificent Lost Missions, I could no longer contain my desire to discuss Star Wars with other fans. Frankly, I have despised the clones for their betrayal of the Jedi for nine years, and TCW's depiction of the clones as having free will only made things worse, but the Lost Missions have completely exonerated them. I have just suffered what is, to me, the crushing blow of the EU being rendered no longer canon. While they can never erase the tears, joy, and laughter the EU has brought me, I cannot but think that the EU's meaning has been diminished to some degree. I have been steadily working my way through the post-ROTJ EU for some years now, and I was looking forward to finally getting up to the New Jedi Order, but I cannot be bothered now. As for the sequels, when they announced them, I finally came to understand the viewpoint of those who grew up with the OT and hate the prequels. Despite that, as a fan, I cannot help but be excited about Episode VII and beyond.

Let us see, Greedo shot first, Mace beat Palpatine, Yoda was beating Palpatine, the prequels are three of my six favourite films, Jar-Jar is a great character, midichlorians only channel the force and they were a good idea, besides which they had been around for a long time, Star Wars is better than Star Trek, the changes George has made to the OT are good (although I have yet to see the Blu-ray version), and, yes, it is worth arguing about it. Also, I liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Did I miss anything (silly question)?

I am a New Zealander. I am a full-time student of law and the humanities (in the capital city, Wellington), so I do not have time for any more than the occasional online post. Nonetheless, I have been using TheForce.net as my main Star Wars news source for many years now, so I thought it was time to, at least, join the forums.

Findswoman likes this.
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome aboard mate. Based on your introduction, I can tell you that site has a lot to offer you. Look around and if you need any help, let me know.

Aeneas 1138 likes this.