main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello i have a extensive question and some issues with a costume can any one here help me

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by johnodd4, Aug 9, 2016.

1. johnodd4

johnodd4 Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2016
    Ok First don't laugh because the last board i posted this on laughed there ever loving heads off.

Ok i am part of my local furry community and i am currently working on a furry star wars character using mace windu's costume because it went well with the head i am using color wise.

However i have some spare parts i don't fully understand and i am quite confused on???

ok here is what i purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A69H3G8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

now it came with two additional shawls that i think go over my shoulders is this correct or am i missing something.

And also how freakin long is the robe suppose to be mine is giant and i might have to have it sewed up on the bottom to shorten it so it doesn't drag on the ground. right now i look like a harry potter reject

Also is there a good place to buy boots for such a costume i would use furry paws but honestly it would really make the costume look weird.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'd have to see images of what exactly it is you are referring to, but yes, there are parts of the costume that go over the shoulders

Yes, because many of these costumes are made to fit the broadest verity of people, the robes are often quite large. It should be fairly simple to hem if you know the basics of sewing, if not, anyone with a sewing machine should be able to do it quickly for you.

I don't have much experience with men's costumes, but these look close to Windu's unless you want to get into a proper riding boot.

3. johnodd4

johnodd4 Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2016
    Thank you the link for the boots are awesome and thanks for the information on the shawls i found out they have to be modified with some velcro to hold them onto my shoulders but i got it thank you so much for your help.

4. Darth Nihilon

Darth Nihilon Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 5, 2016
    Could it be perhaps that a cowl would work better for you instead of a shawl? Apologies if this is not quite what you are asking for.