main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello. I like Star Wars.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by PhantomWuss95, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhantomWuss95

PhantomWuss95 Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2009
    Hey everyone! I, quite literally, just found out about these forums and I have been an avid Star Wars fan my whole life, so I feel kind of ridiculous for not delving into forums like this before. In the past year, I've read almost thirty of the novels, and I can't stop. I also spend insane amounts of time on Wookieepedia, especially when I have papers to write.

2. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Welcome to the forums! :D

3. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
  4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome PhantomWuss95! :)

It's cool that you decided to join this forum. There are tons of information (including EU), even more discussions (EU and various stuff) and many other things (like games) to join!

You love books? Then I would suggest to visit EU Community and Lit. Those are good places to discuss it. :D

Enjoy your stay! :)

5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Hey Phantom!

I was like you and I had been reading Star Wars books alone for years and years until I found this place. I'm one of the moderators for the Expanded Universe Community and we'd love to have you stop by and participate in discussions.

Who is your favorite EU character? Book?

6. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Hey, welcome to the boards.

I'm one of the moderators of the Literature forum, which Skiara mentioned above. We discuss the novels, comics, games, and all parts of the EU there. If you want any further ideas on what to read, or just have any general questions on the EU, check out our What to read? thread. If you've read the New Jedi Order series, we're discussing it now in this thread as part of its tenth anniversary. We've also got an index of threads on many novels and comics, if there's one in particular you're looking to talk about, though I think it's a bit out of date.

Otherwise, you can just look around and see what discussions interest you. Feel free to PM a mod?besides me, there's The2ndQuest, RogueFollower, and Havac, all of whom are linked at the top of the page in the Lit forum?if you have any questions about posting or finding a thread, or if you come across an old thread in the index you want to post in that's locked, since the boards automatically do that after a certain time.

7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome to the forums!

8. PhantomWuss95

Oct 14, 2009
    Wow! You guys really made me feel welcome! I have a couple favorite characters, mainly Corran Horn and Anakin Solo. I started out reading The New Jedi Order, and have since been jumping around like crazy. I got up to Star By Star, and right now I'm on Republic Commando: Hard Contact, but I'm more interested in continuing the X-Wing series (I just finished book 2). I told you I jumped around.

9. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Welcome! You're right about the great welcomes you get here - its a really friendly forum! :)

10. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, PhantomWuss95, and welcome to the Jedi Council Forums. If you need any help, please feel free to send me a private message. Enjoy your stay here.

:)

11. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [image=http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsL/25306-18163.gif]

Welcome to the ultimate power... uh, forums in the galaxy.

12. gpkguy

gpkguy Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2009
    Hello. I like Star Wars too all six of them. I think Episode III was the best one lots of drama, excellent story line. Anyway, I am a action figure fanatic I have been collecting since 1999, and have most of the POTF(2) figures as well.

13. gpkguy

gpkguy Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2009
    Hello I like Star Wars movies all six of them. Grew with the OTC, but must admit love the prequel as well, I am also getting into the Clone Wars on Cartoon Network. Huge S.W. action figure fan.

14. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Good taste in characters. Have you checked out The X-Wing books or the brilliant I, Jedi? Corran is one of my absolute favorites too.:)

15. PhantomWuss95

Oct 14, 2009
    I'm reading the X-Wing series right now. I have read I, Jedi and enjoyed it, although I started with TNJO and Corran became my favorite with the Dark Tide books.

16. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Hey Phantom, my name is Brooke or Tahiri, which ever you like. I also spend heaps of time searching stuff on Wookieepedia. It's great hey ;)

If used to really love NJO aswell, and I love all those characters, but I just recently read the Thrawn Trilogy and I absolutely adore it :) Highly recommend that one.

Oh.. and WELCOME! [:D]

17. PhantomWuss95

Oct 14, 2009
    I just want to say which book I've read, in chronological order

Outbound Flight, Republic Commando: Hard Contact, The Han Solo Trilogy, Allegiance, the first three X-Wing books, the Thrawn Trilogy, I Jedi, the Hand Of Thrawn Duology, Survivors' Quest, 1-10 of NJO, and Inferno. ...and that's about it!

18. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Welcome to the boards.

And I'd definitely recommend reading the rest of the X-Wing novels, if nothing else. Along with the rest of the NJO. LotF was alright (not my favorite set of novels, either as a whole or individually), but Fate of the Jedi has been pretty good thus far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.