main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Hello, I'm new (and lame)...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Lamer_Than_You, May 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lamer_Than_You

Lamer_Than_You Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2001
    Hey everyone, being a resident of the Dallas area, I thought I'd check out the DFW Fanforce board and see what it's all about. When, where and how often do you meet? What kinds of stuff do you guys do, etc, etc...

Sorry if this sounds lame, I just don't really know what to ask...

2. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Welcome, and it's amazing that somebody stole Eric's handle. :)

The best way to get a feel for this group is to just kinda read the past threads on the board, and just fit yourself into our little ebb and flow that we have. I know that we've got two shows that we will be represented at in June, as well as our meetings, RPG events, and the occasional films and whatever-Stone-springs-on-us stuff.

So stick around. It's bound to get interesting.

3. Shy_Gon_Jin

Shy_Gon_Jin Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2001
    Hey Lamer,

It's great to have you on the board. I was the new kid on board and now it is you. It is with pleasure, though bittersweet, that I pass this mantel on to you. I must say that your logon name is quite a boast. I'm pretty lame. This morning at work someone was asking about some guy running around naked in front of building. I had to tell him, "That's none of your business." and left it at that. Ummm, oops I think I said to much. Again.

Have fun on the board

Shy_Gon (Dennis)

4. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm kind of new too, and don't know anyone here. I can give you a lame race for your money, Lamer.

5. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    Welcome to the FanForce boards, Lamer. :)

Hope your stay is nice. Please check in often to find out when we will meet, cause these guys wait until the last minute. :p

And there's more than just guys in here. Right girls?

Bev

6. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    You go girl!!

:p

7. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Marababe's right :) There are a few of us gals here too..

Welcome to the boards, Lamer_than_you...

MTFBWY

8. varanid

varanid Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2001
    So, when is the next meeting, so all of us "newbies" can get acquainted?

9. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    Who knows! It's suppose to be the last or the third Sat. of the month. Do to scheduling it sometimes has to be changed at the last minute. The last one was May 19th.
    So be looking for another one in June. :)

Bev

10. Lamer_Than_You

May 26, 2001
    Well, I look forward to the next meeting to prove to everyone that the depths of my lameness know no bounds. ;)

11. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    Word....

there is an initiation test though, you have to watch "A Question of Faith" and you have to donate a cool SW toy to the scud and your first born as well that he or she may one day be a jedi. :)

Good to have you here, see you at the cons.

12. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Nov 19, 2000
    <The hum of his lightsabre turns all flying vegetables his direction into a fine powder.....>

The lack of meeting preparation last month was just a mere lack of communication between a few of us. That will be rectified in two shakes of a lamb's tail. Stay tuned to your favorite JC board (or this one, whichever one qualifies) to find oot. Hopefully, we'll have something within a few posts, especially since we are a mere two weekends from the next Sci-Fi Expo in Grapevine!

Two snaps to YOU.

13. Shy_Gon_Jin

Shy_Gon_Jin Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2001
    I always laugh when I see rectified and lambs tail in the same sentence. LOL. Yee-haw!!!

14. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Our next meeting will be Saturday, June 9. It will be at 2pm at the Half Price Books on 75 and Northwest Highway.

I know this is not our normal meeting time, but we have two shows later in the month, and we need to have the meeting a bit early. Please try to be there.

15. Genetic_Misfire

Genetic_Misfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Welcome Lamer! I should have everyone know that I'm the KING of lame. Trust me on this. I suck.

James

16. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    I second that statement [face_devil]

Hope you're enjoying the boards, Lamer!

At times this is a lame group of really cool people and at others it's a really cool group of lame people. Capice ?[face_plain]

Feel the lameness flow through you...between you and the keyboard, the screen, and the chair... :D

17. Lamer_Than_You

May 26, 2001
    Just reading the messages on this board make me feel more lame than I could have ever possibly imagined. ;)

18. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Let's just say that one of the last 4 people to post here has fun with Jar Jar by decorating him with gold tinsel.

Do you really want to claim being the Lamest King?

:cool:

19. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    But there were extenuating circumstances.... [face_blush]

20. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Nov 19, 2000
    You know, every once in a while, we learn things about each other that we would probably be better off not knowing. :)

21. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    LOL.. wtf.. were some of the faces turned off or something? <shrugs>

I was trying to LMAO @Bamm's comment.. ah well.. technology is on vacation today I guess...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.