main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello, I'm new here! :)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ZEM, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    *STAR WARS THEME MUSIC*

Hi, my name is ZEM. Yes, those are my initials. No, I'll not tell you what they stand for. ;) I have already made a few posts here on Jedi Council Forums, but I decided that it is always a good idea to make sure you introduce yourself. ;)

I have been a fan of Star Wars since 2007 - but don't let this fool you, I know A LOT about Star Wars. Before I ever watched the films, I read all about how they were made, listened to the soundtracks etc. (I am now a HUGE fan of John Williams music). And I have followed the new The Clone Wars series. I am a big fan of George Lucas' Star Wars Saga. I don't like the EU very much, but I still read some and I do enjoy the new Clone Wars series. :)

I have edited on Wookieepedia (500 and some times...), I keep up with the latest SW news... I also was co-admin on another Star Wars forum for a time, but then realized I was doing all the work for the other guy and quit. :oops: I am now a mod on yet another Star Wars forum.

I'm not big on sci-fi and fantasy (I watch some Star Trek and ITV's Primeval series), but the Star Wars films are very powerful.

I hate Harry Potter and related works, just for everyone's information.

Other than all that - most importantly I am a follower of Jesus Christ and hope and pray everyone will be able to tell. And I am an administrator on several Wikias and Forums. I also have a blog (ZEM's Projects Blog), a YouTube account (maddogmuttz) and I am working on a top-secret Star Wars project of my own.

BTW, this place looks great! :)

*STAR WARS THEME MUSIC ENDS*

Edit: Locking because of being upped, although it's an old introduction thread. Feel free to ask me (Skiara) to get it unlocked again. :)

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Hello there ZEM!

I will tell you, that even though they might be your initals, that is a mighty cool name. :cool:

I'm JJJ. Good to see you here on our part of the JC.

I see by your previous posts that you have found the TV show forum and the PT froum. There is also a forum for the OT, located here. There is the Star Wars Community found here, where you can go and talk about the general Star Wars movies, or just have a little fun in some of the social threads there.

Speaking of social threads (if that is your thing), don't forget to check our social thread here in the Welcome New Users forum, the Welcome Newbie Party.

You said that you liked John Williams music, so you can check out the Star Wars and Film Music forum here.

From the main page, you can find different regions of Fan Force communities... check and see if you have one in your area if you would like to meet some Star Wars fans near you face-to-face!

And I can relate with you for only being a fan for a few short years, but yet knowing so much. I became a fan in 1999 after I watched the OT in my basement. I then learned all that I could about Star Wars. In 2002, one of my fellow Fan Force members was suprised to learn that I haven't been a fan all my life, since I knew so much about Star Wars!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I know joining a new forum is daunting, but we're here to help you get through it! :)

3. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Thank you very much for the warm welcome! I'll most certainly have a good look around. :)

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome ZEM! :)

As JJJ said above, it's a really cool name - especially it's made of your RL name. :D

You're very busy with other forums and blogs. Wow! How do you manage to balance that work load with your RL? I mean, you have other hobbies as well, don't ya?

Enjoy your stay! :)

5. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    [play message]
    Welcome ZEM.

Can you feel the swirls of change in the force?
    Prehaps this new darkness intregues you.
    Prehaps you find you enjoy using your emotions and the darkness to kill.

I represent the Acolytes of Darkness from the Star Wars Community.
    If you feel particuarly sithly, come.
    Join m- I mean us.
    Together, we will penetrate the inner most secrets of the Dark Side of the Force.

Failure will be punished.
    Victory will be rewarded.

*bows*

Come, join us if you dare...and become stronger beyond your wildest dreams...

[exiting Comm 667]

Welcome to the boards!
    I'm Helinith, aka 'Lilith or 'Lith.
    And I'm a christian too, although looking at the above Comm, I wouldn't blaim you if you didn't believe me. I was posting in character.
    Check out the SWC- we're a whole bunch of crazy people who are too geeky for our own good.

6. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Can I call you Invader ZEM? :p

Welcome to the forums. Try out the links everyone else posted (as well as the forums you've found) for some good Star Wars discussion.

If you ever get bored of discussing Star Wars, you can hang out in the Jedi Council Community, the only place where WDNDSWITJCC. Just remember not to take everything they say seriously. It's a fun forum.

7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    You might want to spell the abbreviation out, Kotor. ;)

Welcome to the forums, ZEM! :)

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I just realised that this abbreviation wasn't listed in the glossary until two minutes ago. ;)

And YSLCATGOT got my attention as well. Is that one still used? Ok, wrong thread, it just crossed my mind while typing the line above and adding the other abbreviation to the glossary, which you can find in the header btw. :)

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    It's good that we have a glossary. :)

10. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Thank you everyone for the kind welcome! :) Its good to know that you care about your members here - some smaller forums even overlook people as if they were to big to notice. :)

Sometimes the balancing act is difficult, but I manage to find time for my favorite projects and hobbies. ;)

Thanks for the welcome! If I ever feel like I'm falling to the Dark Side, I'll take a look at your "Sithly" organization. :D

11. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
  12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, that's one part I dislike at most forums. Some don't even have a welcome board and if they have, you rarely get any reply. :(

That's why I love it here. We do care! Not just here but at every board you go to. :)

So enjoy your stay! :)

13. KotORBF2Female_Revan

Feb 21, 2009
    Gunny, do I have to? You're not my moderator, after all!

Aw, fine...

WDNDSWITJCC = We Do Not Discuss Star Wars in the Jedi Council Community.

14. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Famous last words.

15. KotORBF2Female_Revan

Feb 21, 2009
    I must be behind on times, because I've never heard of someone dying after saying those words.

16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
  17. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Welcome ZEM!! :D

18. Asturas

Asturas Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2009
    May the Force be with you Zem!

Thread Status: