main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Hello my name is....

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Jun 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkJeedai

DarkJeedai Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2001
    NAME(S): Robert R Torres
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 25 / 6 Oct 75
    LOCATION(S): Born NYC, moved to NE in 99
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: AF Pilot
    FAMILY/PETS: Tara(wife), Misty, Rocky, Stripe (Cats)
    SW FAN SINCE:I can remember
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION:Movies, Comics, Games, Art
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Aliens, Predator, Terminator, Matrix
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Flying, Art, Martial Arts, Computer Games, RPG, Basketball, Football, Dancing, Anime.
    MUSICAL TASTES: Dance, Hip Hop, R&B, etc.
    CHAT ID'S: torresrr24(aol)

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Now unlocked for your pleasure.

3. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    NAME(S): Kurt Goetzinger

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 33 (7 May 1968)

LOCATION(S): Chicago native moved here in 75.

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Communications Director, Safety and Health Council

FAMILY/PETS: Married - 3 kids

SW FAN SINCE: May, 1977

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Costuming, Reading

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: None

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: My 1953 M38A1 Military Jeep

MUSICAL TASTES: Many types

CHAT ID'S: None

4. Hunter_Killer_Droid

Hunter_Killer_Droid Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2002
    NAME(S): Jon
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 10-9-77
    LOCATION(S): South O (42nd & L area)
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Graphic Designer/ Student
    FAMILY/PETS: Many Koi Goldfish, my good old dog "Wizard" and 3 turtles.
    SW FAN SINCE: My first memory, Empire with my Dad and my older brother.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Spoilers, Figures, RPG, CCG and "The Comfy Chair!"
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: I am obsesed with the "original" Sci-Fi movie, Metropolis. I like orignal Star Trek because I love "all" campy Sci-Fi. I love IPTV's Sci-Fi Saturday nights (a very guilty pleasure might I add.)
    I focus on SW and and supplement the space between the movies with other Sci-Fi ineterests.
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Painting, drawing and ancient history.
    MUSICAL TASTES: Early Metal, Grunge, Punk/SKA and Celtic. Wagner's The Ring is always a good listen as well.
    CHAT ID'S: AOL: WyclefJon ~ IM whenever you want, I love to shoot the "bantha fodder" with anybody.

5. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    NAME(S): Sarah Lundy, Sarahpie, Sawah, That Crazy Chick from Cananda

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 18...I'm the baby of the group :)

LOCATION(S): Born in Edmonton (Canada) then moved to Omaha in July 1997. I go to Creighton and live on campus.

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Student, and hopefully a nursing assistant at St. Joe's

FAMILY/PETS: 2 cats- Ringo and Skittles

SW FAN SINCE: ummm...Right around my 12th birthday

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Reading and roleplaying online

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Hrmmm...Stuff.

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Boys [face_devil]

MUSICAL TASTES: I can tolerate just about anything. If it's on my Winamp playlist, I like it.

CHAT ID'S: ICQ- 17027892, AIM- Acadecian

6. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    up. hehe

7. Jediflyer

Jediflyer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 5, 2001

NAME(S): Joe Mucia
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 17 (1-31-85)
    LOCATION(S): School: Daniel J. Gross High School Home: In Papillion near Papio Bay
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: School, work at Bakers
    FAMILY/PETS: 1 dog
    SW FAN SINCE: about 7 years
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: read books, scan internet
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Used to be star trek
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Politics: I?ve recently been posting a storm in the Senate Forum
    MUSICAL TASTES: classic rock. Blink 182 kind of stuff

8. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
  9. Max_Rebo_19

Max_Rebo_19 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    NAME: Nathan Bates
    AGE / BIRTHDATE: 21 4/14/81
    LOCATION: Home in Davenport, IA school in Blair, NE at Dana College
    OCCUPATION / DRUDGERY: student during the school year, English Major with an emphasis in theater (yes, I'm crazy and think I can act) and in the summer I work at an ice cream store back home
    FAMILY / PETS: well, no family of my own yet, but I do have a cat named Bandit
    SW FAN SINCE: As long as I can remember, I'm on tape at age 1 1/2 singing the Star Wars Main Title and then listing off characters, including calling stormtroopers "dompoopers"- I still get hassled about it by my parents
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Collecting toys, all the music, the old Marvel and early Dark Horse comics. Played both the West End RPG and the Decipher CCG before they went under.
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: The closest thing is Transformers
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Acting, Singing, playing tennis and soccer, St. Louis Cardinals baseball, and Iowa Hawkeye basketball
    MUSICAL TASTES: lots of stuff, my favorite is Billy Joel, I also like Moby, Bon Jovi, DMB, Denis Leary, Blink 182, and John Williams soundtracks, it's kind of all over the place
    CHAT ID'S: danatennisnpb(aol and msn) salacious67(yahoo)
    FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Sportscenter, South Park, The Man Show, The Simpsons

10. Brad Kan Obi So Cool

Brad Kan Obi So Cool Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 1999
    NAME(S): Brad Kirshenbaum
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: Sophmore (Almost Junior), 17, May 27th, 1985
    LOCATION(S): 121st and Farnam St., Right near Burke High School
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Student (Well, that is kind of a lie, because I do as little work as possible to still get by with decent grades, so, I guess I really do nothing)
    FAMILY/PETS: 2 Dogs (Soon to be 7, One is pregnant, eck), 3 Gundarks, 1 Womprat, and 4 Ewoks, and 5000 Gungans (We use them instead of pillows when we need to beat on something)
    SW FAN SINCE: 1984, My mom used to always watch the OT when she was pregnant, so I guess I'm very in tune with the Force...
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: I used to write articles for an EZboard and it's sister site (If anyone is familiar with My Ally, the Force, or anyone from EZboard with my namesake, that'd be me), now it's more trying to think of ideas for FanFilms, looking for people to help me (hint, hint), Playing the Video Games a little too much sometimes, and currently I am compulsively seeing AOTC
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: I like Sci-Fi thrillers and such, but for true Sci-Fi, you cannot beat Star Wars, so why even try (Although, I must give props to the Matrix and the sequels, they will be daaaamn good)
    FAVORITE STAR WARS CHARACTER(S): Original Trilogy - Han Solo, Obi-Wan and Yoda, Prequel Trilogy - After AOTC, it's gotta be Yoda and Obi-Wan
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Hmmm, Girls (But that goes without saying), I play Varsity Tennis for Creighton Prep, During the summer I have wild pool parties in the backyard, Astronomy has always been an interest, Causing General Mischeif in the city (The Taco Bell game my friends and I play has resulted in over $150 in free food), and I love doing graphics for computers and stuff when I have free time from the above, kind of a side hobby, but I rather enjoy it.
    MUSICAL TASTES: Just about everything, not so much on Country though. As for Bands; Dave Matthews, Blink 182, Hoobastank, Incubus, Green Day, U2, Lifehouse, John Williams, Savage Garden, and plenty others
    CHAT ID'S: JustSomeGuy1313 and SoggyDinnerRoll
    E-MAIL: astrostock@hotmail.com

11. Ummeiko

Ummeiko Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2001
    NAME(S): Emily Hamilton
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 18, July 23, 1983
    LOCATION(S): 140th Ave, between Q and Harrison in Millard
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: High School graduate, soon to be college student. Also, part time K-mart Employee
    FAMILY/PETS: Mom, Dad, annoying younger sis, very cool older half-brother, 1 dog
    SW FAN SINCE: 1997... yeah, I'm a relative new fan, but as one who was born the year Jedi came out, I never got to experience the first wave of fandom.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Watch and/or memorize the movies, draw, read the books, check out the net. I'm not so much of a card game player though... no one really to play with around here
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Actually, not a whole lot... I like sci-fi novels, hate Trek, and love Sci-Fi Anime
    FAVORITE STAR WARS CHARACTER(S): Original Trilogy - Vader, Yoda, Leia
    Prequel Trilogy - Amidala, Yoda
    Books, etc. - Mara Jade, Thrawn
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: I'm a huge anime fan. I also love drawing and playing the music games at Family Fun Center. And of course, like almost every other teenage girl, I love to shop.
    MUSICAL TASTES: I'll listen to just about anything, but currently I have been listening to Anime and Japanese Pop music and Eurobeat.
    CHAT ID'S: Ummeiko (AOL and Yahoo) and occasionally Artfx123 (AOL)
    E-MAIL: ummeiko@aol.com artfx123@aol.com

12. sith_outkast

sith_outkast Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    NAME(S): James
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 23 9/18/78
    LOCATION(S): Council Bluffs
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: i work for a talking cow
    FAMILY/PETS: a wife (i swear she's aligned with the dark side in a conspiracy against me) and 1 daughter (who's beginning to take a great interest in the ways of her mother)
    SW FAN SINCE: the dawn of time
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: eat, sleep, and breathe the way of the Force
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: most everything
    FAVORITE SW CHARACTER: VADER!!!!!!!
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: writing...
    MUSICAL TASTES: social d, bad religion, tori, dmb, and so on and so on...
    CHAT ID'S: too many to remember...

13. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Hey Sith- Are you going to the Warped Tour next month? My & the wife are going. Can't wait. Gotta see Tiger Army! Sorry- this has nothing to do with the subject. PLease forgive :)

14. sith_outkast

May 16, 2002
    i desperately want to go...but since i took off so much time for AOTC, the emperor in charge won't allow me the day off...simple mind tricks have been futile...

15. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Try calling in dead. What's one Saturday?

16. sith_outkast

May 16, 2002
    i will definitely try...i'll know more tomorrow...

17. BUDAHMAN11

BUDAHMAN11 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    NAME(S): Budahman11 (Lou)
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 33
    LOCATION(S): Omaha, Ne.
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Health Insurance
    FAMILY/PETS: 1 cat (Nittany)
    SW FAN SINCE: always liked SW, but really losing control now. Becoming die hard fan.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: the Internet
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Enjoy mostly horror films, but also enjoy some sci-fi channel programs as well.
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: minor league basketball, Disney World, Art (see some HORROR AND STAR WARS art samples of mine at http://geocities.com/budahman11
    MUSICAL TASTES: all but country.
    CHAT ID'S: dont chat much.

18. Rogue_Angel

Rogue_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Name: Rogue_Angel
    Chat ID's: blueeyeddream2000@yahoo.com
    Musical Tastes: Rock

19. josiahgirl

josiahgirl Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2001
    NAME(S): Aimee
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 21 6/2
    LOCATION(S): Well when I am in Omaha Cornhusker and 72nd, rest of the year PA
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: College student, only a year more. Fitness Center Secruity Personal, ie I babysit the work out equipment at the college 8 hours a day 40 hrs a week. But at least I have a computer.
    FAMILY/PETS: 2 Parents, 3 Siblings 2 Cats
    SW FAN SINCE: Oh brother I think I first saw Jedi when I was 7, but I seem to rmember my parents joking about taking me to see Jedi before my brother was born.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Novels, some FanFiction, Lurk
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Thinking of reading Terry Brooks one of these days, when I actually have money and I have a closet like of Star Trek TNG and Original series.
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Being bored off my kiesert at work. Watching the Huskers actually win football games, *crosses fingers* hope they don't blow important games this year, especially if I get to go to the Penn State game.
    MUSIC TASTES: I like Variety, oldies, rock, POD, Beatles, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi.
    CHAT ID'S: AIM unlfan81

20. StuntedSlime

StuntedSlime Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    This is my first post...I figured it would be an easy one.

I look forward to attending some Omaha FanForce meetings.

banthagrl and her husband suggested FanForce to me. Her husband suggested my user name. I'm neither stunted nor slime but it's funny and it's related to Star Wars.

Does anyone know how Stunted Slime is related to Star Wars?

NAME(S): David
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 28 04/01/74
    LOCATION(S): Norfolk, NE
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Bank Loan Officer
    FAMILY/PETS: Not married but close to parents, sister, brother-in-law, and parents' dog
    SW FAN SINCE: 1977
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Watch the films, talk to friends about it, listen to the soundtracks, research mythology and history, read George Lucas interviews, study films/shows that inspired George to write Star Wars, quote Star Wars at work when others don't notice...."A well conceived plan, however there's great risk""Is that LEEEGAL?"
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Star Trek, Dune, other Sci-Fi books
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Baseball, Family, Psychology, motion pictures in general, history, politics
    MUSICAL TASTES: Classical, Top 40, Classic Rock, Oldies (not Country)
    CHAT ID'S: None

21. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    Ahh what the heck. I'm moving up there Sunday so I guess I'll make myself known

NAME(S): Mike Kelley
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 28 5/25
    LOCATION(S): Omaha
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Network Engineer
    FAMILY/PETS: Engaged to the Lovely Jammie with a great son..Ashton
    SW FAN SINCE: 3 maybe
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Costuming
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Stargate
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Cars, Family, sports
    MUSICAL TASTES: From Pearl Jam to Nat Cole
    CHAT ID'S: None Yet

22. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    NAME(S): John Jaeckel/TB750/TK750
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 25/May 26, 1977
    LOCATION(S): Omaha, NE (Past: Kansas, Hawaii, Okinawa, Tokyo, Mt. Fuji, South Korea) Semper Fi
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Network Administrator
    FAMILY/PETS: Engaged to be divorced
    SW FAN SINCE: I was this tall.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Costuming/Collecting/anything that requires spending large sums of money.
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Dune/Reading the books that movies are based on (Yes, that's how it happens, not vice-versa).
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Who has time for other interests?
    MUSICAL TASTES: Why is it called musical taste when you hear it? Nothing in particular.
    CHAT ID'S: JAX_Jaeckel@hotmail.com

Well, that's me. Now, I must hunt you all down and kill you.

23. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Up for the new people!

~H~

24. Rhi-Lan

Rhi-Lan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2002
    NAME(S): Roger McCune
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 31 - 8-01-72
    LOCATION(S): Omaha, NE - formerly Sioux City, IA
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Billing / Shipping Manager - Troubleshooter - Repairman - Customer Service - Back up Boss - General Pain in the A$$. More...
    FAMILY/PETS: Stupid cat: Riley
    SW FAN SINCE: 1977 I was 5. I feel as if I never drew a breath till A New Hope.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Every version of the films in every media available, soundtracks, audio dramas, video games, toys, costumes, d20 RPG, dreams, daydreams... I need help. Right now I'm mainly focused on bringing S.W. to life by running a d20 campaign.
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, Space: Above and Beyond, Blade Runner, Star Brand.
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Music, Movies, various other d20 RPG's, Video Games (XBOX, PS2, Gamecube, N64, Super Nintendo, Nintendo, Atari 2600, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance SP), Theater, Concerts, I like the night life... I like to boogie.
    MUSICAL TASTES: I run the gamut. My favorite is Nine Inch Nails. Industrial (Prick), hard rock (Guns N' Roses, The Cult), heavy rock (Dope), Grunge (Soundgarden, Nashville Pussy), Alternative (The Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees), Indie (Liz Phair, John Spencer), rap (Beastie Boys), symphonic (Penderecki, Carl Orff, Tchaikovsky RULES!!), new age (Enya), celtic (Loreena McKennitt), goth (Rosetta Stone), and a very small amount of old country (Johnny Cash). My collection is pretty comprehensive.
    CHAT ID'S: I forgot.
    FAVORITE TV SHOWS: Right now I'm into 24, The Shield, Lucky, and South Park. Of all time... 24, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Buck Rogers, and South Park.
    FAVORITE BEER: Root

25. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    ......Enya.

tee hee hee! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.