main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Hello new and old faces of KC

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediDBM, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDBM

JediDBM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    Hello Kansas City, It looks like we are starting to get some new faces on FanForce in the Kansas City area. We can defineatly make this happen with forming a FanForce chapter in KC. It will take some serious comunication from all of us, but I think we can make this happen. Unfortuneatly, my job is not going allow me to be present at every meeting. I will do everything I can to help with organizing, but my time is limited. One of the big things that Erica (Bobafemme) has stressed to me is participation on the boards here, which we are starting to see more of now. I can be reached at JediDBM@aol.com, if anybody has questions. Lordstimpy (Tony) was helping me organize our first meeting, so if Tony is willing, he can also be a good source of information for FanForce. We can still make KC happen, we will just need more comunication with each other here. I would still like to take as much of an active role as I can, so dont count me out. We have Orli_Bloom_Fan, Nibbor11, Thrive, Brat-of-Kansas, LukeSkiewalker, and our newest FF member Master-Jase. So we have the numbers, now we just need to organize and make it happen, which I know we can do.

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I definitely agree we have the interest level necessary to get the KC Chapter going. However, I would like to see a few more people show interest before we start having meetings. I know that we only 3 members etc. but I think for the long run we should have as many people contributing intially as possible. After April 15th I personally will start papering the town with flyers to pique some interest. Anyone who wants to help is welcome. Also if anyone has any ideas of other ways to get people involved please post. I want this chapter started as much as anyone else :)

3. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    Like I said I will do everything I can to help.

4. brat-of-kansas

brat-of-kansas Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    KC fAn FoRce let it happen!!!

5. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    If anyone would like a flyer to use let me know and will send you it as an attachment via email.

6. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    go ahead and send me a copy of the flyer, I will distribute it in this area.

7. Mara_Jade_Raven

Mara_Jade_Raven Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2003
    Hi everyone. I just joined and would like to offer my resources to the KC FanForce. I work at the Holtze Executive Village in OP, and if given enough notice, we would most likely be able to use the meeting space that is in the hotel. The price would be minimal to nothing, depending on when any meeting would be. The room can hold up to 110 people, so there is a lot that we could get accomplished. If anyone is interested in something like this, let me know.

8. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    Mara_Jade_Raven, that would be wonderful!!! what we had started to plan was having our meetings on the last Saturday of each month. I am offering a suggestion to you, Lordstimpy (Tony), and LukeSkiewalker (Bradley) and anyone else that would be interested in attending. That we all meet somewhere soon and discuss LukeSkiewalkers idea of distributing fliers to advertise this potential FanForce chapter. Unfortuneatly, it could not be called an official FF meeting, because an official meeting must be announced atleast seven days in advance and must be posted in the FanForce news letter. But I think if those of us expressing an interest in getting this going were to meet and discuss the logistics and planning, we will be off to a good start.

9. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Sounds Good. Anyone have a time/place that's convient? FYI it would be the most Convient to meet after April 15. I work at an accounting firm and I also have a paper due and a test on the 15th. After that I'm fairly flexible.

10. Mara_Jade_Raven

Mara_Jade_Raven Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2003
    I checked the meeting schedule for the rest of 2003, and it looks like most of the last Saturdays of the month are available. I will have to ask my boss about this, so don't get super excited quite yet.

11. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    For anyone who wants a flyer please go to:

http://earnfreegroceries.us/kcstarwarsfans/flyers.html

Feel free to edit the flyer however you like

12. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    Hopefully it is just my computer, but I could not get anything to come up on the link you gave us for the flyers. Also, anytime after the 15th of April sounds good to me, if we all decide to meet on a Saturday, could we schedule it for in the morning? I go to work at 2:00P.M. on Saturdays and I really would like to be a part of this.

13. brat-of-kansas

brat-of-kansas Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    if i didn't live in southeastern kansas then i'd be at your meetinn in a heartbeat but unfornutately i don;t soooo...no fan force for me :(

14. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    JediDBM: I copied and pasted the link into my browser and it worked. I also doubled-checked that the file will download and it does. Try it again and see if it works. If you are using aol that might cause a problem. If you can't get it to work again let me know and I will email it to you. Also if anyone can't get it to work send me a private message and I will do the same.

As to a Meeting Who's up for 10 am Saturday April 26? Whomever agrees post on the Saturday April 26 message.

15. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    hey, I'm Marie, I'd love to be involved in all this... but unfortunately, I happen to live on the *opposite* side of KC, so I really won't be able to come :(. I'm glad something's finally going on here in town though, sometimes it seems like KC doesn't have any SW fans, you know? Well, I'll probably hang out around the forums when I have time, but it looks like that'll be the extent of my participation... alas. Good luck in getting this going!

16. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    OK, I will try it again and yes I am on AOL, we will see... thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.