main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Hello New Hampshire!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediXtine, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Just wanted to drop in and say hi! I'm going to C4 in May, is anyone else going from here? I am currently living in NY State but I am relocating to Lebanon this summer to work at Dartmouth. Just wanted to say hi and see what kind of fanforce activities happen in NH:)

2. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Welcome! Rotag and myself will be at C4 so we hope to see you there! We like to usually get together at least once a month, time permitting, so you are welcome to join us sometime if you like. Hope you enjoy the forum!

3. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello,

Welcome !! We love to have new people stop in. Your more than welcome to check us out. I know they are a couple guy's going to C4 from NH. at this time. I know there are a lot that would like to go as well.. lol :)

We do try to get together once a month like John said. We have just started to work with the History Channel on a project they are doing this year. So that should be fun. You can check it out under the History Channel post. We have a couple great shows up coming this summer as well if your around I'd say check them out. There is the Granite State Comic Con on May 20 th. if your here. Our big one is in the fall it's the Super Mega Fest.

We have some members in the 501st as well. IF your in to that we have info on it as well. So we hope to see you on the boards. Please feel free, and if we can help with anything info, dates, meeting whatever just let us know. Thanks, Oh and best of luck at the new JOB.

SeeYa,
    TK

4. MasterAdana

MasterAdana Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2007
    This is my first time on the boards and I am from NH. I didn't think there were any fans here because no one around where I live is a real fan, at least not adults and I people look at me with an amused expression when I talk about my fandom. Glad I found you guys

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Welcome Adana! Glad to have you here!

We all get the same looks, so you are definately not alone. But who cares, right? We're fans of Star Wars and nothing matters what other people think! (At least that's what I tell myself! :D)

Please feel free to make yourself heard here and if you have other friends that like SW, invite them too!

Again, welcome and we hope you enjoy your time here!

6. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello,

Welcome!

Hey, we are out here and I bet there are more of us than you think. :)

We just like to lay low till it's our turn to take over the galaxy! So... your more than welcome to stop by anytime and post, chat, hangout, whatever. We are pretty easy and laid back here. We love to have new people stop in and say "HI". Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, we're here to help.

We try to get together once a month and just hang out... you know Star Wars things. lol So again, feel free to check us out and we hope to see more of you here on the broads.

SeeYa,
    TK

7. MasterAdana

Apr 21, 2007
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. I would love to get together, sounds great.

Laying low eh?

I am easy going as well, SW or otherwise, and any of you can contact me anytime you like to. My email is included in my profile.

Talk to you soon

8. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Master Adana,

You live that close and we have not yet meet? I find that hard to believe. lol :) I bet we have at leased seen each other from time to time just walking around town. lol

I go to Jet Pack Comics in Rochester all the time. That's right down the street from you. Do you ever go there? We'll have to try to meet up sometime at the shop. Ralph's a great guy. We are all ways looking for you people to join us. So we'll hope to see you soon. Please check out our next get together posting. We are now taking in ideas for the July meeting. Like times and dates. Feel free to jump in.

SeeYa,
    TK

9. Darth_Brutalus

Darth_Brutalus Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2006
    Hey everyone!

I'm new to NH as well, just moved here with my wife from Pittsburgh. So far, while I miss The Steelers, being a huge Red Sox fan has made the move much more bearable. It's awesome to be able to watch all the Sox games I want.

I've been a huge SW fan from childhood (ANH was the first movie I ever saw on the big-screen). My wife has been a fan almost as long.

We're also both fans of the Mandalorians, so, this board is awesome to us. As soon as I get her over her shyness, she'll be on here too. I really hope we can make some great new friends here who love SW as much as we do.

10. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Welcome to the board Brutalus! glad to have you here! You'll find that we are a friendly bunch here, so make yourself at home and we hope to see you at our next meet! Maybe you can post a little about yourself, like where in NH you are, interests, etc?

Again, welcome aboard!

11. Darth_Brutalus

Darth_Brutalus Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2006
    Thanks for the welcome! Great name, btw. Baron Fel was a bad-ass.

Well, as far as a bit about myself:

I'm 33, I grew up in Pittsburgh. I met my wife in 2003 at a convention for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and you can guess how the rest went. We were married in Oct. of 2006, and last month, moved here to NH, where she grew up.

Other than SW, my main interests are comic books, baseball, football, and all types of music. I've been a Red Sox fan since 2003, when a friend informed me that since i hate the Yankees so much, I should try being a Red Sox fan. I watched David Ortiz play.... and I've been hooked ever since.

In SW, my favorite characters are Darth Vader, Jango Fett, Darth Sidious, Jacen Solo, Han Solo, Prince Xizor, and Asajj Ventress.

I currently have one SW-related tattoo (the Black Sun symbol) and am planning several others.

So, tell me a little about some of yourselves!

12. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Let's see, where to begin...

I'm 38 going on 16, and moved to NH about 5 years ago from Canada after marrying my wife who's an American, so right now I'm a pretend American (Canadian with a green card! :p ). I'm contemplating citizenship as long as I can have dual citizenship with Canada (which is possible, just looked it up yesterday). I got into SW when the whole family went to the theatre in 1977 (I was 8) and was instantly hooked, thus changing my life forever. Favorite characters in no particular order: Baron Fel (duh), General Veers, Mara Jade, ANH & ESB Han Solo, Vader, Fetts, Grevious... the list goes on ;)

Non SW hobbies: Hockey (who woulda thunk it!), baseball.. been getting into NFL Football (still think the CFL is a more exciting game), McFarlane hockey goalie figures, and game cards (WWE Raw Deal, occassionally some Magic, and of course SW). Nothing beats the old Decipher CCG for gameplay IMO. Main SW collecting focus is figures and have been getting into the Gentle Giant Busts.

Anyway, glad to have you aboard and talk to you soon!

13. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Hey gang :) Just popping in to say hello! How is everything up North?

14. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Meriwyn,

How's it going with you? Thing up this way are going very well.S ofar we have had a great year for the group. We started the year off with the Rose Bowl Parade! Have had a couple local show here and there. We've added 2 new people to the group and it looks like more are on the way!

So far so good!! :) ANd as for C4 ... well 4 people from our group made it to this one. It was a great time for. So the Mandalorians are a live and well. The next big show for us would have to be the Supermegafest! You should come on up and see us. You know it's the biggest show or the year around here. Hope you can make, we'd love to see you. Till next time...

May the Force Be With You .....

SeeYa,
    TK

PS. May you can help me with something...:) I need to change the opening group title on the broads. We you first do a search for groups in the Northeast( where they are all listed) Our group is still listed as the Manchester Manalorians. As you know we changed that some time ago. Our home page is all set. I just noticed that the other day. So any help on where to go and have it fixed would be great . Thanks !!

15. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Darth Brutalus,

I didn't want you to think I missed your posting. LOL I have WAY TO MUCH to list. I'm sure when we get together you hear it all. :)

Some basic :
    Male, 36, Black Hair, Med. Build - 6'1" 190 I like long walk thought the Death Star. Moon lite dinners on Naboo.
    In my free time I like to fish on Kamino. It's a little wet, but it's the best fishing in the galaxy.
    I work for Lord Vader as a Commander in his 501st. troops here in New England. I all so like to scour the universe collecting republic and emperial relic's.

There you have it. My Star Wars personal. :)

SeeYa,
    TK

PS> I do hope you can make one of our meetings or get togethers some time .We'd love to have you. Please make sure to keep checking out the broad.

16. MasterAdana

Apr 21, 2007
    Welcome to all you knew members.

Well, rotag21, I shall pay the store a visit. Believe it or not I never made it in there since I moved here. It's a shame...

Since you guys have been posting some personal data, here are mine: Female, 43 years old (oh boy, I violated rule #1, never reveal your age), full time mother of an 8-year old boy, operations manager of a cleaning company/trainer, mentor, tutor. I love sports although I don't play them anymore, reading, good movies, weird humor, outdoors and going out.

If anyone wants to know more just email me. Hope that is ok.

17. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Master Adana,

Nice to see back. Let me know sometime when your headed over to the shop maybe we can meet up. I all ways like to meet new Star Wars people. If you ever just stop in there make sure to tell them (Ralph) that TK sent you in. They'll treat you well. lol :)

As far as people emailing you.. if you want the email.. it's all good. lol

SeeYa,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.