main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello out there!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by coervus, Apr 2, 2017.

1. coervus

coervus Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2017
    I meant to say hello yesterday after registering, but things were a bit confusing around here. ;) I'm somewhat of a Star Wars newbie -- grew up enjoying the movies and loved TFA, but never really explored things further. I've been avidly playing EA's Battlefront game for the past year though, which led in nicely to seeing Rogue One. And WHOA, that movie knocked me flat. I loved it, it just made SW so real to me in a way I'd never grasped. I got a new favorite character out of it, too: Mon Mothma! Where's this lady been all my life?! I love her gravitas, her compassion, and her ability to operate simultaneously from a place of idealism and pragmatism. I look at every favorite character I've ever had and can draw a straight line from them to her.

After a few months spent wandering around my usual internet haunts hoping for people to magically spring up and talk to me about Star Wars, I'm happy to have found my way here. :) My main goal for now is reading most of the novels in the new canon before I even touch the EU. (I recently finished Lost Stars and wow, couldn't ask for a better start!) There's so much to explore in the SW universe but I do love me some in-depth character discussion. Also looking forward to poking around the fanfic forums and talking about Battlefront/Battlefront 2!

IRL, I am in my mid-twenties and currently studying for my teaching license/master's in education. I have strong feelings about scientific literacy, democracy and education, and natural history museums. SUEtheTrex is my favorite dead apex predator on Twitter.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Howdy! A Mon Mothma and Battlefront fan will fit in very well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coervus and Bazinga'd like this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask anyone here as we're all here to help and guide you around the boards. ;)

I love Rogue One too...the battle scene at the end had be on the edge of my seat. Start was a little slow, but it got really good!

coervus and Bazinga'd like this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome coervus Yesterday was an interesting day to say the least. Let us know if you have any questions or need help navigating the forums.

Battlefront is a great game and I cant wait for the rumored appearance of Battlefront 2 at Celebration in a couple of weeks. You may want to check out out GAMES forum.

Other forums that may interest you include ROGUE ONE and our BOOKS, Comics and EU forums (which includes both Canon and Legends and EU)

coervus and Adalia-Durron like this.
  5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Welcome to the community. :) Let us know if we can help you find anything.

6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Howdy. We're always happy to help new users find there way around.:)

7. coervus

Mar 31, 2017
    Thanks for the warm welcome, all!! A couple of questions have occurred to me. One, is there a way to view threads so that all spoiler tags are expanded (instead of having to click each one)? Secondly, I noticed that the Lit forum has its own threads dedicated to the movies, like a Rogue One thread, an Episode VIII thread, etc. What's the difference between these and the JC forums for those movies?

Bazinga'd likes this.
  8. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I believe spoiler tags must be indiviudally clicked. Skiara LAJ_FETT is that correct?

Because many of the forums have their own community with members who like to remain within that community, may forums have started their own movie threads for their particular community. The New Film forums are the official forums to discus the Star Wars movie.

Skiara and coervus like this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Pretty sure they have to be individually clicked. Also, with movie threads in forums like Lit the discussion can stray a bit to cover information that might be in the books and comics and might not be in the finished film.

Skiara , Bazinga'd and coervus like this.
  10. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Welcome aboard. Glad you finally jumped on the Star Wars bandwagon. It's a great place to be.

11. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hello there. :ben: Nice avatar.

12. coervus

Mar 31, 2017
    All credit to Farid Hussein, who has done a series of really awesome Rogue One character illustrations here! I love that he even drew Blue Leader/Merrick, though I'm hoping he'll get around to Bodhi... or Baze... or Raddus.

Btw thanks for the welcomes @ everyone, and for clearing up my questions!

13. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    coervus, I'm not totally sure, but it might be that a version of tapatalk (if you are reading this forum on a mobile phone) can't show spoiler tags and so no need to click on them individually... Does anyone know this for sure or can test it?

About similar threads at various boards, another reason for this is the difference of each board. At one board you just discuss a topic more lighthearded, at another board you discuss the same topic very deeply or from a totally different point of view.

I hope this helps you! Have lots of fun! :D

14. SirChosenOne

SirChosenOne Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2017
    Welcome aboard! There is so much to explore in the Star Wars universe and I'm glad you're enjoying everything. This forum is the perfect place to talk to other fans. Enjoy your stay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. coervus

Mar 31, 2017
    Hm, I just downloaded Tapatalk for my Android and spoiler tags are all there. One workaround I've found is to disable Javascript for the forums, which allows you to simply mouseover the spoiler area to show the text. I'm surprised at how functional everything remains even without Javascript!

SirChosenOne, thank you! I have yet to venture a word in any thread besides this one, but I'm enjoying just reading everyone else's conversations. ;)

16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Lets test that theory about JS

Test

17. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

The JS workaround definitely works.

18. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016