main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question Hello over there! :-)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Metal Lord, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Metal Lord

Metal Lord Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2016
    Hello everybody, my name is Thomas, my first Star Wars movies must have been in the 80s or 90s on TV and my first Star Wars movie at the cinema was Revenge of the Sith. I like both trilogies, especially ROTJ and ROTS, as they are both the climaxes if their trilogies, ROTJ is full of adventure and ROTJ spine tingling grim (Padme's comment when Sidious receives the applause; the awesome battle and aftermath of Mustafar).
    The talk here reminds me of the other message board I use which largely revolves around wrestling. Ideas, expectations and stuff like "this character development should be" or "I want to see him using that attack" seem to be a good portion of what wrestling fans and Star Wars fans alike think about, I like it. :)
    What can I say about myself, I believe that peace should be mankind's goal, not profit and that we should help each other including refugees but be able to enforce our nations' laws - but not each one with a gun (I am against guns and the NRA), it's the states' task to protect us. I am against whitewashing history (I read that there are school books in the US that whitewash slavery and the murders against the Native Americans).
    I believe in love and am a curious person, I spend too much time with surfing and searching for songs I like. I listen to very many kinds of music, I love songs by John Williams, Michael Jackson, Manowar, Ghost, Beatles, AC/DC and also dig Muse, Queen, Metallica, Guns'n'Roses, Bon Jovi, Beach Boys...
    I found a humorous pic that I'd like to use as a profile pic, where can I upload/change the picture?
    Many thanks in advance. :)

2. Metal Lord

Jan 27, 2016
    Hello, just wanted to tell you that I've found out how to create an avatar, no need for an answer anymore. :) I look forward to many interesting threads and conversations. :)

Skiara likes this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Welcome to the Boards, Thomas Jay.

Glad you worked out how to do your avatar.

Pleased to see that you like both trilogies. I do too.

Any questions, apart from wrestling, and where do baby Hutts come from, feel free to ask.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  4. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    welcome to the boards, great to have another full-saga fan here!:cool: hope you enjoy

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  6. Metal Lord

Jan 27, 2016
    Thank you for the warm welcome, I like it here. :) I cross my fingers that the ST can live up to Lucas' creation so that we get a masterpiece of 3 trilogies that complete/round off each other.
    Now I would like to know where baby Hutts come from. :D

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Nooooooooooo!!!

Thomas Jay likes this.
  8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Hutta! What else?

Almost missed to give you an official welcome! [face_blush]

Welcome aboard! :D

I'm pretty sure, you'll fit right in! Some days passed by already since you signed up, have you found interesting places to stay already or do you need any advices?

Enjoy your stay! :)

9. Metal Lord

Jan 27, 2016
    Thank you very much, I found interesting threads in forums like TFA, Classic Trilogy, Prequel Trilogy and in the one for Episodes VIII & IX (spoilers allowed).
    Am I allowed to start a thread? I would like to ask everyone if you would like to join me on Twitter and Facebook, posting what you would like to see in the ST and what raised your concern. Together, we could be heard maybe. :) If I am allowed to start such a thread, it would belong in the forum about Episodes VIII & IX (spoilers allowed), right? :)

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Glad to hear! :)

Usually, we don't allow promotion threads for other sites, but you need to talk to the mods of ST. They can answer it for you a lot better, since it's their board. :)

11. Metal Lord

Jan 27, 2016
    Oh, it's a misunderstanding. I guess when I wrote "join me on Twitter and Facebook" it sounds like I would like people to visit me. I chose the wrong words, my intention is no promotion for a site. What I intended to propose is that I could start a thread and hope that it finds some interest. In this thread I would like to name some ideas that some users and I like. Then I would like to post stuff together with other board users on Facebook and Twitter. So if some of us would like to see Kylo kill Snoke in Episode VIII, we could tweet/post "We would like to see Kylo kill Snoke". So, what I hope for is that in the thread that I imagine we can unite in order to raise Lucasfilm's attention by posting/tweeting the ideas that we would like to see in the ST. What do you think? :)

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    It's possible that a "what would you like to see in the other two ST movies"-thread exists already. But this can be answered by the new films mods as well. Basically, your idea could work, but I can't give you any kind of "go", since you really need to ask the mods over their. They now, if your thread might work or if it ends up in a "that won't never ever work"-discussion. So, best I tag A Chorus of Disapproval. He can give you a better answer. :)

13. Metal Lord

Jan 27, 2016
    Thank you very much. :)

14. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    Welcome to the boards. It's always cool to discuss what we would like to see in the new movies but as for generating interest that Disney would action/care about I think you might be shouting into the wilderness. They will do what they will do and that's the way things are. Fans follow, we don't generally dictate what should/shouldn't be.