main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Hello QLD! - Fan Film Anyone??

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by T3-M4, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T3-M4

T3-M4 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2008
    Hey Guys

I just wanted to say hey to my fellow Queenslanders and to get know the Queensland Star Wars Community.

I am originally from Brisbane but I am currently studying at university in Toowoomba. Any other SW fan up here?
    I also wanted to announce that I will be shooting a Star Wars Fan Film in Brisbane in December and just wanted to ask if anyone would be interested in assisting. It will be a feature length production. The script is currently 103 pages in length so it should be a great time.

Hope to chat soon!

T3-M4

2. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    If you actually have the budget and resources to make a feature length film, why not make something original? I just find it a complete waste that you're willing so spend so much time, money and effort on someone else's story for little more than praise from family, friends and peers.

I understand that you'll probably be (at least initially) upset by my question and that you may see me as trying to destroy your creativity but take some time to mull it over in your head before you respond. I'm actually trying to bring out some creativity. Trust me, Uncle George doesn't need anymore free advertising for his franchise - spend the time and money wisely and advertise yourself as a filmmaker.

Btw, welcome to the Boards.

3. T3-M4

T3-M4 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2008
    I completely agree with you about originality in film production and I am in Pre Production for an original sci-fi TV series pilot episode, along with many other feature and short films. I own a Production Company and professional equipment which is why I am doing this. A star wars fan and close friend wrote the script and is directing we also have our costumes and props all ready for the film. I welcome any ideas you may have in creating an original films and would love to perhaps work together to create something original. However I am still shooting this SW fan film as we have been in pre production now for 4 years and spent a lot of money on quality costumes and props so I thought I would post this message to see if anyone is interested in being apart of it.

T3-M4

4. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    I would love to be a part of it... But permission from the parentals may be hard to come by...

Sorry.

And NeecH, isn't it the same reason people spend years planning and writing fanfiction? 'Cause it's fun and sometimes the recognition and the knowledge that you entertained your peers is all the payment you need.

5. T3-M4

T3-M4 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2008
    Lolly Tolly thanks for the enthusiasm! I would love you to be apart of it even if you can?t attend shoots there are plenty of other jobs you would be able to do. If you are really interested let me know and I?m sure we can find you a job. Just letting you know there are plenty of small walk on roles if you couldn?t regularly make it to the set or on location. :)

6. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Actually, it's slightly different. No one is really wasting money and resources on their endeavor to write fan-fiction, just time. I certainly think that the same time could be better spent writing something original instead of playing in someone else's backyard though - that doesn't cost anything either. ;)

I should probably also mention that I have no problem with short (15-20mins/10-20pgs) fan films or fan fictions - they're a hobby. Feature length suggests commitment and I just personally feel that a commitment like that is better spent on a new and original property.

In the end I'm not here to argue about it, I just wanted to ask T3-M4 why he's decided to go the fan-film route over an original film. I got my answer and I'm going to leave it at that. :)

Good luck T3-M4! :D

7. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    In that case, I may be able to help... December you say?

*starts to formulate plan*

Let me know what's needed, or what you'd like done, and I'll see what happens. By then, I should have a job, my license and I will have just graduated. :D Perfect timing.

8. T3-M4

T3-M4 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2008
    We would love you to join us. What areas would you be interested in? Acting, Crew, Post production, etc. If you want to post (or pm if you prefer) and tell me a little about yourself etc, If you have any prior experience in film or TV maybe at school etc. (Not needed) but would help find a roll for you.

9. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    Uh. I did drama for two years, and I did a course for two years dealing with computers. I perform every-so-often because of music, but that's pretty much it.

I can sew. :p

10. T3-M4

T3-M4 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2008
    Wow talented. So would you be interested in playing a part, crew or designers position?

11. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    I don't mind, so long as I don't have to be overly involved... That really is a contradiction, isn't it?

Any walk on roles left?

12. T3-M4

T3-M4 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2008
    Plenty :)
    Do you have any costumes yourself?

13. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    Not really. No offense, but why would I?

14. T3-M4

T3-M4 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2008
    Haha No offense taken, yes it may seem unusual to some but a lot of the fan force community have there own costumes for fan events. We have our own costumes designed and purchased for this film which you will be able to use no problem but I just asked because others who have shown interest have them and are willing to bring them to wear :)

Would you be able to send me some measurements for costuming etc. Height, Waist and Arm Span?

15. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Has your production company or this project got a web site yet? When do you plan to commence rehearsals/principal photography?

16. T3-M4

T3-M4 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2008
    Yes, my production company has a website however it is down for redevelopment and maintenance. The project itself also has a website for cast and crew access for timetables script updates and community forum etc. The production site will be designed closer to the release of the film. In answer to your other question, the principle actors have begun rehearsals and we are scheduled to shoot in December of this year. Are you interested in being involved?

17. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    I've got some experience in choreographed sabre fights if that helps. I've also done rotoscoping, but don't think I'll really have the spare time for that kind of thing.

18. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Sure, depending on 'when' in December (holiday committments to family) I'd be interested too. I've done makeup, acting & costuming - some you can see here:

Hmm... December... Summer ... scorching temps... prosthetics melting, profuse makeup sweatoff, trying to dry sweat-marked/soaked costumes during repeat fight sequences... hrmmmmm .. WHY do Directors always pick Summer for these things?!! lol...

19. T3-M4

T3-M4 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2008
    RoGuE_StreaK it would be fantastic if you could become the lightsabre choreographer. No one in our current crew has any major experience in that area and it would be great to have someone work with the actors to create the sequences.

ImperialCourtessan all of you expertise would be greatly appreciated if you were able to come. We plan to shoot late December and parts of January. If you are able to come to even one of our on-location shoots that would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.