main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello, Raleigh!

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Pinback, Jan 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I hate the place. There's this one neighborhood, Preston. Well, more like a quarter of the city. Their homeowner's association is soooooooo retarded. They wouldn't let us put up a basketball pole by our driveway because it wasn't 50 feet from the street. They said it looked ugly. So we bought a moveable basketball hoop and placed it where we wanted the pole to go. They have no rules against the moveable hoop, and it looks worse than a simple pole. [face_plain]

Also, they wouldn't let us put a satellite dish on the roof. Of our own house. So now we have a satellite dish on our deck. [face_plain]

All in all, living in Cary, and particularly in Preston, is [face_plain]

2. SPDBALL

SPDBALL Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    www.501stnc.com take a look, im in raleigh, we are a costuming group and do alsorta functions. email me spdemt@aol.com

3. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Ohhh... I'm sorry for you, JS2! [face_plain] Maybe you could move? or is that out of the question?

When we lived in Cary, it was just insane! It was very busy, but I remember liking our neighborhood... Picardy Point was the neighborhood... I think it was like half in Apex and half in Cary... :p

:)

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hello, folks. :)

Since Hama-Ryu Kinnebi has been promoted to FanForce Global Support Admin, I have been chosen to replace him as the FanForce South Regional Support Admin.

I wanted to stop by and say hello, and I also wanted to let you all know that I'm here to help your forum in any way I can. I can be reached via private message or e-mail. My e-mail address is minacia@fanforce.net.

5. jadesaber2

Oct 17, 2000
    Good to know, Minacia! :)

6. Astraea Skywalker

Astraea Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    I'm in Chapel Hill! HOJO, as a matter of fact.

7. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Thanks, Minacia! :) Good to know! :D

Hi Astraea! :) Chapel Hill, huh? I was there a few weekends ago at UNC for a marching band competition... :)

8. BrianMan

BrianMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2000
    Yeah, I meant Winston-Salem. The only town around I know of with those initials. Anyway, looking forward to Ep. 2 release. Ah, the midnight run for Episode I. The memories...

9. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Ah, after those trailers I don't think it's possible NOT to be excited about AotC!!!! :D

I hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving! :) :D

10. jadesaber2

Oct 17, 2000
    I only got to see the first online trailer. :( But it was good. :)

11. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    I'm trying to stay spoiler free, but I did see the Breathing teaser and the Forbidden Love trailer. Man, how can anybody wait six more months!!!

12. Garindan_the_Kubaz

Garindan_the_Kubaz Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2001
    Hi, Garindan here, checking to see the local online Star Wars fan base. It's good to see there are some Star Wars fanatics around here besides myself. Right now I live in Goldsboro, a little east of Raleigh, but I'll be moving to Raleigh and getting a place out there this summer, and start taking classes at Wake Tech. I've pretty much always been a Star Wars fanatic, always reading the novels, writing fanfiction, watching the movies, doing a little collection, and i even have a modestly successful Star Wars website... but as I've reached college the activity has died down a bit and I am behind in the New Jedi Order series, but the love of Star Wars is still there!

13. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Welcome to the FanForce boards, Garindan. :)

If you have any questions pertaining to FanForce, please feel free to contact me via private message or send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net.

14. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Hey Daughter_Of_TheForce and Garindan_the_Kubaz! :)

Can y'all who haven't seen the trailers download them from the official site? "Forbidden Love" is the best one, IMHO... :)

Is anyone else (hey, since everyone here is living around here, this can actually be answered! :) ) sick of this weather? I wish it would actally be winter now... :p :)

:eek: I drove up to Crabtree Valley Mall today... :eek: Woah, the traffic is insane! But we got home all in one piece... :p

:D

15. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    The weather has been unseasonably warm here in Atlanta, as well. This time last year, we had been enduring cold weather for a month. My cold weather gear is sitting in the closet, waiting for winter to get here.

A friend and I drove to a mall near my home yesterday. Pandemonium is the best word to describe the scene. ;)

16. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    I wish it would actually be winter now... ;) :)

Malls must just have some sort of curse of insanity... :p

I hope it is cooled off by next weekend - I'm in two parades (one Saturday, one Sunday) with the marching band, and I want it to be at least cool, if not cold! It needs to be "Christmas-y"... ;) :D

17. InnocentIII

InnocentIII Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    I live in Cary... sort of nice to see fellow Cary-ites: except when they don't like Cary! ::scowls:: ;-)
    Personally, I think it's a nice town to live in... Okay, okay, we are about the snootiest people in NC, but that's okay...

18. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Hi InnocentIII!!!!!!! :D

;) It's not that bad... but Fuquay is better... :p ;)

I'm sure you have no idea where Fuquay-Varina is... :p It's a small town to the southeast of Raleigh... maybe you've heard of it... I don't know... ;)

19. Garindan_the_Kubaz

Garindan_the_Kubaz Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2001
    Hey, I know where Fuquay-Varina is, Jedi Laura Kenobi. Nice little town, from what I saw. I actually almost got a job there, as a teller at the BB&T in town! But Fuquay-Varina is a little out of the way, and I'd rather be living in South Raleigh, since that's closer to Wake Tech and NCSU.

20. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Cool! Someone knows where Fuquay is! :p

That would've been neat if you had a job at the BB&T in town... :) Are you going to Wake Tech or NCSU? Or not... ?[face_plain]

I go to the high school here in Fuquay... it's a pretty good school. :) I like it most of the time... ;) When I don't have tons of homework... :p

21. InnocentIII

InnocentIII Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    Of course I know where Fuquay is! ::laughs:: "the town so beautiful, they had to name it twice."

22. Astraea Skywalker

Astraea Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Fuquay-Varina, like where I'm from, is recognizable as an exit on I-40. I'm actually from Burgaw. Claim to fame: It's in the "Helicopter Song."

23. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Ah, the joys of living in a small town... :p

"the town so beautiful, they had to name it twice." [face_laugh] :p Yeah, or the people who created the town were really strange... :p

I'm sure you don't want to know the real history behind the name of the town... so I won't go into it... :p

All I can say is thank goodness it's gotten cold! :D I was worried there for a bit... [face_laugh] ;)

24. jadesaber2

Oct 17, 2000
    Tell me about it! I was going outside with shorts and a t-shirt! In the middle of November! :eek:

Now the weather reminds me of England. At least, it did yesterday.

25. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Now it's just been rainy and stuff for the past few days... :p Is that how it is in England or something? ?[face_plain] :p

But hey, it's better than the heat! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.