main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Hello there

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mav_Walker, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mav_Walker

Mav_Walker Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2006
    Hello,

I just happened to be passing when you guys were coming out of the theater this weekend, doing a birthday party and I had to find out what the deal was, as i am ever curious, so i stopped Mr. Jackboot and asked him what was going on and how could i have a hand in it. he told me about you guys and i loved the thought of helping out. I'm 29 and a long time Star Wars fan, I've acted with many of the theater groups around syracuse, so i'm no stranger to performing for a crowd. Just wanted to find out a bit more about ya, and see what people are into, I'm also an Avid Gamer as well (Both Video Games, and Table Top Role Playing)Any good Star Wars RPG game groups goin? Eh? If not anyone intrested...

Eh, well, So in short, Hi! How are ya? What cha doin?

hehe,

Mav aka Matt

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Yay!! =D=
    Welcome to the FanForce boards!

I'll let Strawbary chime in with answers to you questions - I'm just part of the "Welcome Wagon".

~Doc_Bev

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey there!!!! OMG we have a visitor!!! *tries not to fall over*

Im glad you found the boards! Welcome welcome! [:D]

We dont have too many local members anymore but we still all get together in hopes to recruit more here in syracuse ;)

I know we have all types of interest in here, gaming, costuming, RPG and books.
    I would be happy to get together for some gaming or RPG.
    I know Altered states has some RPG there. (I would love to play)

(wait I think they changed their name now.... cant remember what it is)

As far as gaming, if you are ever up for some SWBF I or II online let me know... Our house is big into online gaming.... just pick a game/format ;)

At any rate, welcome to the boards and feel free to post in here, if there is something you want to get together and do... post it.... we'll see how many we can roun up for some fun :)

Sometimes we get together for events, or just gaming or dinner and a movie.....

I should update the events calendar but normally we do a few annual events like the St pattys day parade, our annual BBQ, FF awards and the NE regional gift exchange.

We have various small events thru the year I post those as they come up.

Again, nice ot meet you and welcome!!!! [face_dancing]

4. Mav_Walker

Nov 26, 2006
    Thank you for the welcome!

Sounds like fun, though not many folks. That's a shame, well we'll have to do something about that. How bout Setting up an RPG game. How many folks you think we could pull together to play some Star Wars D20 system RPGin? And they don't just have to be from Syracuse, Rochester and Binghamton would be fun to have along as well I would think.

But... I'm new and don't wanna just bust in and start making directions heh... lord knows i hate those type of folks. So just a suggestion. It would be a great way to break the Ice and Play In the 'verse and not have to actually have a costume... (As i do not yet have one heh)... (Aaaaand don't let that discourage those that do, from coming to a game dressed as their part.) Just a thought.

So what do ya think? Eh? Eh??

As for the video game aspect, my system is dying i'm in the process of building a new one but the holidays have put a hold on that, as tis the season to be buyin for others and damn do i feel guilty when i buy for myself around this time of year. hehehe.

I Do play in City of Heroes though for any who might be in there, But i do also have Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy as well and enjoy playing on that from time to time.

Lemme know what you guys think?

5. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I've never done and SW role playing myself, but it sounds like a great idea.

Oooh! Look! You're on the scolling marquee. :D

~Doc_Bev

6. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Mav, not sure if you are into the SW minatures gaming, but a few in rochester play reglularily at a local gaming store here called Millenium

7. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I think we should should get together for some gaming! It would be great to get together over at altered states or some place like that. Or we can even meet up at borders or barnes and nobels too :)

I have the miniatures game too. It would be great if we could play locally here in syracuse so we can also attract more attention/members muwahahahaha :)

As far as systems go..... do u have PS2 or Xbox? we do alot of gaming on either system as well. :)

Let me know what day u want to get together. Im up for somehting here locally as my travel time is limited this month :)

8. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    OH CRAP.......Strawbary has a new toy........Sorry Mav it was nice knowing you. Apollo....get your armour on as fast as posible. You will need it with "S" around.

Joking aside.

It's great to have you with us. I would like to do some gaming but, I am in Bingo so it might be a little hard for me to get up unless it's on the weekend.

Nice to see you on the boards.

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/Karate-Jedi/Banner.jpg]

9. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    If you are interested in making the trek up to Rochester for Star Wars miniature gaming (including official tournaments) on a Saturday afternoon at Millenium Games in Henrietta, December's schedule is below. If you come early, we could also do some trading. In January, there will be a Hoth battle and perhaps some games with the new Starships minis that came out last weekend.

December 2, 1 PM: Scouting Party!
    Format: Constructed/Gambit. Bring your favorite 100pt battle force. An advance scouting party for your faction has arrived in-system. Make sure any insurgents are taken care of for the safe arrival of your leader.

December 16, 1 PM: Old School!
    Cost: $5
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed/Gambit. Bring your favorite 200pt battle force, duke it out in GAMBIT format. No HUGES allowed this time around.

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Thanks Dar for the dec schedule :) sounds fun! Im hoping we can actually get some gaming going on here in syracuse to attract some members here too LOL *fingers crossed* :)

After the holidays I may consider going up there an whomping on some rochester fanny with the minatures [face_devil]

11. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    maybe a mini tourney at the regional FF dinner/ gift exchange

12. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    now there is an idea =D=

You're on - bring it baby! bring it!!!! [face_peace]

13. Mav_Walker

Nov 26, 2006
    Hmmm a miniture's game? I would love to the only problem is, I have no mini's, nore the funding for any untill after the holidays. Though i would love to play, as I enjoy minitures alot, but usually when i go to GenCon.

As for a table top RPG star wars game. We would have to figure out a few of the W's.

Where: We could play at a couple of the game shops you mentioned (because lord knows it would be a breath of fresh air seeing people actually ROLE PLAYING instead of those stupid Card games, Magic, Pokemon blah blah blah... CCG's is RPing for the unimaginitive if you ask me...(no offense to the CCG players of the board! just me venting about the fact that no one seems to pen and paper RP anymore, every where you look are those damned cards!)

Who: Who would like to play? Any of you binghamton or rochester folks feel like trekin to the crossroads of NY state and Playing like once a month or something? Hell we could turn it into our own Con if it grew in numbers hehe.

When: Weekends are best for me. Other then that i'm easy! ;) Next weekend anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.