main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

hello there...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jangofett9, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    hello ladies and gentleman...its been a long time. I used to be an active member a few years ago and just wanted to pop in and say hi! Whos still around here then? Whats been happening lately?

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I used to be active as well but this place has died

I blame everyone but my non posting self.........

3. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    hey fatburt. long time eh? I take it from that its not as active as back in the day then? Its a shame if thata the case..it was a nice community here. i always remember after rots some of us saying fans would start to switc off star wars and move onto the next thing.

4. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm just waiting for the autopsy to begin on this place, I suspect its death can be traced back to the final days of Wiz, Jimbo, etc... and the critical final movie striking a death knell.

The remaining few appear to have migrated to the JCC and I lurk more than anything these days.

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    It's odd how this forum has drifted into nothingness. I remember when it was buzzing. Perhaps three years ago, something like that.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Good to see some familiar faces around here.

Yes, alas FFUK has become rather empty. But I think in part that may be due to a lot of RL stuff occupying people's lives (especially uni or work) and the lack of much in the realm of SW or any other sci-fi apart from Dr Who to discuss.
    And any other big issue tends to be brought up in the JCC so most people go over there.

Still, if anyone wants to post any topic about anything they are welcome to. There must be something worth talking about.

7. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Agreed, about 3 years ago my workload increased and RL intervened in ways that have massivly limited my posting time, I used to be able to post from work etc... but I'm far to busy to be doing that these days as well.

I agree that about 3 years or so ago many many people appear to have stopped posting over a very short space of time.

Shame

8. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    When this place was rocking it was back when the prequels were still being completed. Conversation didn't concentrate solely on SW but SW seemed to be the glue that held this place together.

My theory is that if the SW live action TV show's hype is matched by popularity, then this place could become like the old days.
    I'm just waiting for the bugger to hurry up and air!

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We're all still here, though, which is silly. We're just lazy. Unless we're queuing for something we're just not interested! :p

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Unfortunately the Live Action SW series could be 7 years away [face_plain]
    And for some reason the Clone Wars doesn't get talked about, personally I think it's a great show.

We did have a lot of.....randomness around here, what with the pub topic and such (I remember the Tag thread years ago).
    Funny thing is, when any of us do have meets (had one in November for Collectormania London) we seem to have any number of things to talk about. It seems odd that we can't post anything hear to talk about.

11. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Personally, I can't see this place ever regaining itself. Every dog has it's day.

Remember the annual awards? That we could do that really underlined how much was going on.

I remember being up until likke, a quarter to one in the morning... :p

12. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    They were good times then.

I miss the good old days.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, in its prime this was a grand place.

Shame because we do still have meets, just not very often :p

14. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    I looked on here for the first time in donkeys and found this thread so I thought i'd say hello, ahem hello

Off I go for another a few years

15. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Some of us still see each other every now and again. Hal and I had a few pints last week and had a good chat about football and things.

16. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Did somebody mention a queue?! *Joins the back of the line*

Truthfully, sometimes I kinda forget this place is here...[face_blush] since I don't see too many UK-ers in the forums I visit.

17. edgejedi

edgejedi Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2004
    Good to see some old friends from here around!

[image=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/socrates_chan/LurkerDay_DontWantToHideForever.png]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.