main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello there.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Aaronaman, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Hello there fellow SWers.

I've been a huge fan of Star Wars my entire life, especially the vintage figure line, and enjoy the opportunity to discuss it with like minded people.
    While the original trilogy is by far my favourite I don't mind the newer movies and EU. I think that as long as you go into it with an open mind things aren't ever really as bad as they seem.
    A pet hate of mine would have to be the 'George-haters' who seem to enjoy bagging SW and being negative about it rather than to enjoy it for what it is....a fantastic way to escape the pressures of life in a galaxy far, far, away!

I look forward to chatting.

JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  2. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Why did I read this thread title in Obi-wans voice? :p

3. MandyAhsokaTano

MandyAhsokaTano Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2013
    LOL! :D
    Welcome to the forums, you'll love it here :)

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Aaronaman: Failte Nua Duine. Welcome aboard. Sounds like your best bet is to check out our Films discussions to see if there is anything you want to participate in. Have fun, get involved, and if you require any assistance, just @.tag one of us in here... this thread is your personal tech support. Have a brilliant time.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Hello there! It's great to hear you like a bit of everything, and you've got the right attitude about going into things with an open mind :) So do you own that Amanaman figure in your Avatar? You might wanna check out the 'Collecting' section in 'Fan Activities' here http://boards.theforce.net/categories/fan-activities.10826/ and you can discuss the Vintage figure line there.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Aaronaman! :)

I recommend the link posted above. That's the best place for collection stuff. But you might be also interested in visiting your local FanForce (FF) where you can meet people from your area.

About the Georg-haters... If they don't like SW or GL, it's fine for me, because no one needs to love the same thing (would be boring in the end, wouldn't it? ;) ), but everyone should let enjoy their hobbies without bashing all the time. That's one reason why I like it here. One can say what they think as long as it doesn't become personal or spam-like. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

7. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Film discussions aye....I better leave that to when I feel like being in an argumentative mood lol

8. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    I do own an Amanaman figure but not the one in the pic, he was always a figure I had to have growing up because to me he was just so 'alien' if that makes any sense. Thanks for the link I'm sure there's going to be more than a few hours whittled away there.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  10. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Lets just say 'intelligent' discussions are good....people who talk like GL personally insulted them because a person in a movie was wearing green boots instead of blue not so much haha...cheers for the reply

11. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Cheers for that....I hope my out dated look on SW doesn't offend to many ppl hahaha

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So, I take it you dislike the entire movement of irate nerdraging that produced this gem: GEORGE LUCAS RAPED MY undeveloped adhulthood which tragically resembles a CHILDHOOD!!!

13. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Mate I got about half way through that "People vs George Lucas" movie and two things happened....

1. I was watching it with some friends and for the first time EVER I was a little embarrassed to be a look at as a Star Wars fan...I was quick to state my case as to why I'm nothing like them.
    2. I have never wanted to punch a guy holding a guitar in the face before so much in my life!!

George Lucas created something that I truely enjoy and I will always be grateful to him that he did....Star Wars is, after all, his world and we're just lucky enough that he let's us visit every now and then!

Sorry for the rant lol

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Rant away... I'm right there with you. I saw all 3 OT films during first showings in their original runs... I was a mere double digit numbered member of the original fanclub... and I love the Prequels to death, because I didn't preconcieve what I "thought they should be". I just took what Lucas deemed correct to deliver to me.

15. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Thats excatly the way it should be and the way I'm looking at the Disney take-over, let's just wait to see what they deliver before shooting the postman hahaha
    The thing that amazes me about a lot of SW 'fans' is the way they despise certain aspects of the films (eg. Jar-Jar, Ewoks) and when you ask them why, the response I know is flicking through their head is "because everyone else seems to"....The day I let some one else decide for me what I like and don't like is the day I bring to a close my little Star Wars adventure.

16. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I love Jar jar. Can you tell? I totally agree with you. That's why i never listen to film critics. I'm not the kind of guy who looks in the newspaper to find out what my opinion is. :eek:

17. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    [face_laugh] That's^ worth to quote...
    qft

Sometimes reading/hearing other people opinions helps to get a different look at things, but that's all... ;)

Aaronaman, just a little hint, try to hit "reply" first for all posts that you want to quote. This way all replies show up within one post and you don't need to post double-/mulitiple-posts, wich can be considered spam, if done too often. Same goes for editing (first edit, then, when edit time run out, write a new post). :)