Hi Hello there.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Dogado, Jan 16, 2014.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. Dogado Jedi Master

Hello all. I've been lurking on here for a while now and decided that it was high time to introduce myself. I'm a 47 year old(geezer) that's been a fan of Star Wars since I saw episode 7 when I was 10 years old. I remember trying to make a X-wing fighter out of the early type of Legos. Didn't work too well. Although I was able to create a fairly descent star destroyer!

About 3-4 years ago my interests were re-awakened and I've been a bit more obsessed with all things Star Wars. The announcements of the sale of Star Wars to Disney and of the new movies coming out led me here to find more news and information.

I don't necessarily focus on any one movie or aspect of Star Wars as my favorite. In the past couple of years I've watch all of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, read a few novels and watch all of the movies way too often. I'm just excited to see what comes next for the Star Wars universe and discuss it with like minded people. Thanks!
    Carrie Walsh likes this.
  2. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Welcome Old One. I too am and Old One.
  3. Ewok_Slayer Force Ghost

star 1
    Your math has me confused. I think you meant you saw EP4 when you were ten. :p Unless you have a time machine that allowed you to travel from 1977 to 2015 to watch episode 7. If that is the case please let me know…does EP7 suck?! Will there be Gungans! Please don't let there be gungans!! :(
    :p
    Seriously, I am also a big fan. I haven't watched The Clone Wars, but I've read most of the novels that take place after EP6 and I have recently started reading books that take place during the clone wars and shortly after Order 66. Which books have you read?
    Last edited by Ewok_Slayer, Jan 16, 2014
  4. Dogado Jedi Master

See, I told you I was an old geezer!:oops: Yes, I meant Episode 4.

I've bounced around a bit concerning the books I've read. The Han Solo trilogy, some of the Thrawn books, Death Star, Scoundrels, basically whatever I run across at the library. I"m currently reading Kenobi which I like it a lot so far.

Thanks for the welcomes!
  5. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome Dogado! :)

You've found a great place to discuss and read all about SW. I bet you'll have a hard time to decide, if you continue reading/discussing SW here or take that book that lies next to you. ;)

Enjoy your stay! :)
  6. It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hi Dogado. :) Sweet avatar.

Looks like you've found the right place. :D Wonderful staff and friendly users... it's certainly the place to be!

If you ever feel like discussing the books, I'm game. I started Kenobi as well. It's been a good read thus far. Anyway, enjoy the forums. See ya around.
  7. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Welcome Dagado. I also watched Star Wars on the big screen in 1977. I am also a big EU fan. I read Kenobi, Death Star, & Scoundrel in the last year. I also enjoyed Razor's Edge and X-Wing Mercy Kill. If you liked Death Star you might enjoy some of Michael Reaves' other books such as the Coruscant Nights Trilogy and The Last Jedi. Death Troopers and Red Harvest were okay.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. It is good to see an older fan on the boards.
    Last edited by Jedi_Lover, Jan 18, 2014
  8. Dogado Jedi Master

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. :)

Jedi_Lover, thanks for the book recommendations, I'll have to check those out!
Moderators: Skiara