main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello there

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Sith Lord 2015, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    So, obviously I'm new on this forum, but not new to SW. I have been a huge fan since I watched ANH in the theater as a kid in 1978. Now I'm a more "moderate" fan, meaning I like the saga but have never been to a convention, have only read a few EU books, and don't own that much SW related stuff anymore. I had lots of toys as a kid though. I have to admit that I have only seen a few episodes of the Clone Wars TV show and it didn't interest me very much. Animated or TV SW isn't really my thing. For me, it belongs on the big screen. I'm not much of a gamer so I don't really know any of the games, except for playing Battlefront II a few times with my son years ago. My 11 year old nephew is also a huge SW fan, and it seems my other nephew, almost 8, is getting into it as well.
    I've been reading quite a bit on this forum lately and found lots of interesting discussions here. And more important, there isn't as much PT bashing here compared to other places on the web. Or at least there seems to be fair number of PT fans, like myself, to balance the overall tone somewhat. So yes, I did grow up with the OT but like the PT just as much, recently probably a bit more. To tell the truth, I wasn't much impressed with TPM when I first saw it, but came to appreciate it a lot more later on. Maybe surprisingly for some, it was AotC that renewed my interest in SW as an adult. I don't much like rating the episodes or putting them in a certain order. I like to regard the saga as a whole, each episode being a chapter of the larger story. But if I had to pick favorites, it would likely be AotC, along with RotS and ANH. Like some others here PT bashing really annoys me, so I will stay away from topics that do that. I never understood all the hate and negativity, and hope my faith in SW fandom can be restored on this forum. The PT movies have their flaws for sure, but so do the originals. Some people seem to be completely blind to that. Maybe I'll get some hate for this, but I have to say that I actually like the love story in Episode II, always have, including those "awful" dialogues some people seem so offended by. And I actually think that Hayden did a good job playing Anakin. I honestly can't think of an actor more suitable for that role. Not to mention the other great actors. I never understood why people don't like them. Every single one was perfect for their role. IMO that movie has the best and most powerful ending of the whole saga. And I don't even mind Jar Jar all that much. There, I said it. I know I'm in a tiny minority with opinions like that, but hopefully not alone. Oh, and AotC was the only SW movie I knew NOTHING about before watching it on the big screen. I mean I had not even seen a single trailer, nothing at all. Hard to imagine, I know. My interest in SW was pretty much gone after TPM. But like I said, I like even that one now. So since I knew nothing I had zero expectations, and was pleasantly surprised. It had a fresh feeling to it. As to the new one, I have mixed feelings about it. The trailer looks OK, but just OK. I don't like the fact that Lucas has been completely shut out from the production, so I have my doubts. I certainly don't agree with all the changes he made to the OT, especially Greedo shooting first. But I still don't get all that hate Lucas is taking for everything he has done since the 90s. It's his story after all, and he can tell it any way he chooses to. So I'll have to see about TFA. I'm not expecting to like it though to be honest.
    Sorry for the long introduction!

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Holy wall of Text!:p

Welcome to the JCF.

Falcon likes this.
  3. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome to the boards!! :)

I'm a PT fan too! Yay! I recommend you stop by the Prequel boards if you haven't already. It's a nice place for fans of the PT, lots of nice people (even if there are some trolls occasionally).
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask in here.

Enjoy!

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Welcome to the Boards!

Hope you enjoy your time with us!

5. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Thanks everyone!:)