main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi "Hello there!"

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Big Mac, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Big Mac

Big Mac Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2015
    The thread title isn't just a coincidence. I didn't just mean "Hi!" I meant this:
    [​IMG]

I go by the name of "Big Mac" on the Interwebs, but some of you in London, may have heard me referred to as "David in Southfields" on Danny Baker's old Radio London show, where I did a week of Star Wars stuff (and he then played clips from it for several years until the "weasels" cancelled his show). (I will probably make a topic about that sometime, when I can work out where the best subforum to talk about it is.)

I went to the first Star Wars film at the cinema, and was so amazed by it, that I didn't take some of it in. I thought that meant I wasn't a "proper Star Wars fan" for a while, but heard of someone else, the other day who said he was so excited by their first Star Wars film that they had to go back and watch it again. LOL

I've seen all the other films since. I had a lot of the Star Wars figures, up to Return of the Jedi, and got quite a few of the books. I've not seen the Holiday Special or the cartoon series and I've only ever played one of the computer games (and I think that was a cut down version of one on a freebie CD on a magazine).

I like science fiction in general, and also like Star Trek, Babylon 5, Firefly, Space Above and Beyond, Blakes 7, the Alien films and most other science fiction, but the 20th Century Fox fanfare always makes me want to hear the opening music from Star Wars. (And I've never understood the numpties who try to set Star Wars fans against Star Trek or Babylon 5 fans or whatever, because that sort of stuff is pointless.)

I've done Live Action Roleplaying, and tabletop gaming (and actually help look after a roleplaying forum that has a subforum for tabletop Star Wars gaming) but I've never roleplayed a Star Wars character, or dressed up as one. But I do think it looks cool when people dress up. I think I'm a bit too lazy to get into that, but I might buy some Han Solo trousers some time.

I'm not really hooked up with any Star Wars clubs, as I don't really "do" much (apart from being pretty good at impersonating Ben Kenobi) but if they ever open a Star Wars pub in London, I might go along some time.

That's all I can think of for now.

JabbaMama likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the JCF and don't worry I new what "Hello there" referred to even before I opened the thread.

Big Mac likes this.