main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello there!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Jedimaster_Darklight, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    ... I couldn't really think of a better way to introduce myself on this forum than to use the words of ol' Ben Kenobi himself. I've always found his introduction in ANH very enjoyable!

I recently came across this site while looking for a place to discuss the new chapter(s) in the Star Wars saga. After lurking a bit, I have decided to reveal myself and join the conversation. As it turns out, I've actually had this account for quite some years, but I've never been active on the forums before. My memory is a bit hazy as to why, but I believe the account was created at a time, where I was searching for places to roleplay... you'll all just have to forgive my silly username.

It goes without saying that I am a huge Star Wars fan! I grew up with Star Wars, watched the movies on VHS and often re-imagined the final confrontation between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker with my own father. We would duel each other with two sticks of wood that I had painted in the appropriate red and green colors. Ah, the joys of being a child!

I was eleven years old when TPM was released, and while many aspects of the movie where quite different from the originals, I still enjoyed it. I especially remember how the re-appearance of the series inspired my comrades and I to play out all sorts of fantastic Star Wars-scenarios in the schoolyard.

It didn't get to see a Star Wars movie in the cinema before ROTS was released. I adored it and I ended up watching it twice - a feat I was very proud of at the time. My hope is to experience the OT on the big screen someday as well...

From my point of view, Star Wars is not just a bunch of movies. It's a living universe full of inspiration. Until recently, there was only six movies. With the release of The Force Awakens we finally have a seventh movie and soon, we'll have even more. I'm not blind to the flaws of the PT or the potential dangers that lie ahead for the upcoming movies, but I love the universe of Star Wars just the same.

I'll do my best to contribute to the discussions here, and I hope we'll have a great time together!

2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Welcome, if you're still looking to Role Play, take a look at the RPF we're always looking for new players. If you have any questions about it just ask me I'm always here to help.

Side note I used to duel with my brother in the backyard with plastic lightsabers.

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Welcome along, Jedimaster_Darklight

And that is a perfectly good name.

Good to see such enthusiasm, and as galactic' says above, we are always looking for new players!

4. Jedimaster_Darklight

Nov 22, 2005
    Thank you both for the warm welcome!

Text-based role play is usually such great entertainment, so I'll seriously consider joining the fun in the RP-forum as well!

5. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Welcome to the boards Jedimaster. :)
    Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
    Nice avatar.

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome back to the JC! We're glad you de-lurked :) I, too, recommend the roleplaying forum. In fact, there are games for both Star Wars and other fandoms!

If you have any questions, please let us know!

7. Jedimaster_Darklight

Nov 22, 2005
    Thank you PatttyB0123 and NYCitygurl!

I'll be sure to keep you both in mind, if I stumble upon any questions.

It sounds like the RP-forum here is mighty popular - who can resist that?

NYCitygurl likes this.
  8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    No one! You are caught! [face_devil]

9. Jedimaster_Darklight

Nov 22, 2005
    Time for another Star Wars-reference: NooooooooOooooooooo!

- And thank you! ;)

Skiara likes this.