main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello to all you fans of the 'Wars!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by TheWolfmanGuitarist, Mar 7, 2013.

1. TheWolfmanGuitarist

TheWolfmanGuitarist Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2013
    Hi all,

Bit of a noob, here, but I'm trying to make the rounds.

Bit about myself and Star Wars:
    Massive fan of the films, the whole saga. My favourite is ROTJ, but objectively speaking (IMO) ESB is the best one made, followed closely by ANH and ROTS. This doesn't mean I dislike TPM and AOTC, it just means I like the others better. Lots of love for each film, really. I try to say more positive things than negative things about these films, so if I seem bias, that's why.
    I have some knowledge of the EU, though I haven't followed it religiously and I don't know all the character names out there.
    Played many of the games - Shadows Of The Empire, Rogue Squadron, the original C64 games, Jedi Academy, the KOTORs and Battlefronts (unfortunately never got to touch Force Unleashed, yet).
    I've recently dabbled in Star Wars comics - most notably the Knights Of The Old Republic series and Legacy. I've read a few others, here and there, some Clone Wars comics (yes, I think Quinlan Vos is cool! lol).
    And I've been a fan of The Clone Wars animated series from the 2D animated 2003 micro series to the 3D animated series - and am always willing to talk, speculate, argue, gush over it, so hit me up anytime.

Star Wars has just been a massive part of my life - it never fails to impress, make me feel something, or just flat out entertain. I appreciate everything George Lucas did. The man is a legend, I'll never say a bad thing about him. He created a galaxy that we all fell in love with and allowed others to bring their visions to the table, expanding on that universe, creating even more cool things we can all get into in different ways. My favourite thing will always be the films. I'm just a film kind of guy. The technical level of filmmaking in each film - just groundbreaking, each one, and awe-inspiring to behold.

I've already had a look at some of the threads on the forum, just as a curiosity because, what can I say, I'm excited for more Star Wars films! The great posts I've seen from people, the articulation and skill - I can tell I'm among real Star Wars fans, here (who don't just break down into childish anarchy and flaming wars) - so I've joined up, hoping to share in our common interests, here.

And remember, folks, the Force will be with you, always. : )

Admiral Volshe and Frank T. like this.
  2. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Greetings and welcome aboard! :)

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome. We are glad to have you.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome TheWolfmanguitarist! :)

Interesting name... you like playing the guitar? That's pretty cool. It's nice to listen to one who can play it well. :)

Btw where are you from? Looks like you're from Europe or so?

Enjoy your stay! :)

6. TheWolfmanGuitarist

TheWolfmanGuitarist Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2013
    Firstly, thanks for the welcomes!

Skiara,
    I DO like playing the guitar. Used to be in a high school band - one of my favourite things was learning some Star Wars tracks with the other guitarist. The drummer wasn't into it though, but he was crazy about the Imperial March after I showed him all these heavy metal versions of it lol So we eventually got to get the band to do that one :) - not bragging - it was the easiest one to learn LOL

The Wolfman Guitarist name came about from when we first started that band, we were 15, and I was a hairy Italian kid that didn't want to shave a lot haha so by 16 I had this beard and big sorta curly afro going on. And I was crazy for any heavy metal songs about wolves for some reason lol favourite animal I reckon.

I'm from Australia, so I'll be spelling my "colours" and my "favourites" with a lot of "U"s LOL

Cheers!

7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Greetings!

StarWarsZombie likes this.
  8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Welcome to JCF.

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome aboard!

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Guitarist, that's a pretty cool story about your username. Haven't thought that there's so much behind it! :) If you like to repost it in our http://boards.theforce.net/threads/newbies-oldbies-how-did-you-come-up-with-your-user-name.13328646/][/url]"how did you come up with your username-thread", feel free. If you do so, it'll be nice to see it upped again as well. ;) :)

Btw, youuuu'll see me writing wouurds with louuuts of 'u' and witho't lots of 'u', because I'm from E'rope and can't decide between the E'ropean or American way. ;) :p