Hello Tucson! Stoping by for a visit....

Discussion in 'Tucson, AZ' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    My name is Anrev (Bret IRL) and I will be visiting you your area of the country this week. My sister is in the bike race there on Saturday and we're going to watch. So I just thought I'd say hello. Anything I should do or see while in town?

I'll be traveling on to Yuma after the race for Thanksgiving to visit family. While there I plain on making a trip out to the Dune Sea/Sarlaac pit. I know its at a place called Buttercup Valley just off I-8. I also know it was SE of the campgrounds there. I found this site http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_isdra_buttercup.htm and it has alot of useful info but not exactly where the site was. Does anybody know where it is? Has anybody been there? I imagine there will be a buttload of ppl there ridding their dune buggies when I visit. And maybe someone there will know. But I thought I'd ask here too.

But anyway if you see a short, fat, hairy guy wearing a Star Wars shirt of some sort walking around the city, Come up and say hi. Or if you see a blacked out Explorer with an Imperial cog on the rear glass.... Thats me too. :D
  2. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hi there! :)

One of the best people to talk to about the Sarlacc Pit is Mara Jade Fan. She has organized several trips out there. I've never been but I do know that it is in Imperial County and you exit on Fortuna Blvd [face_laugh]

If you have time, our group will be at Gamestop for a Food Drive on Saturday between 10am and 2pm. Stop by and meet us. We are very friendly and love to meet folks. It is located on Wetmore between Stone and First Avenue right near the Tucson Mall.

I also see that you have Kevin in your sig. Kevin was very close to some of the folks in the PFF. I was privileged to be able to exchange several PMs with him before he passed away. His memory still touches my heart. @};-
  3. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    The address is 405 E Wetmore.. in the same shopping strip with a Wal-Mart.. we would sure love to have you drop by and say hello.. good luck to your sister in her race!!
  4. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Great! I shall try to do that. MJF has been a great help so far.

And yeah Kevin is missed. Here are a couple of pics of him at the Zahn book signing in Cleveland a few years back.

[image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/Book%20Signing/IMAG0036.JPG]

And him wearing my Tie Pilot helmet.
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/Book%20Signing/IMAG0033.JPG]
  5. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    Heck yeah! It would be awesome to have you stop by....we'd love to have you. BTW I have 2 Imperial Cogs on my Black Wheeled, Jet black Acura.. [face_dancing]
  6. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks for sharing the pics of Kevin. :)

Hope you can make it over to see us. In any event, enjoy the weather!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.