Tucson Hello, Two Suns!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Methodical, Nov 6, 2008.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Methodical Jedi Knight

star 1
    So, call me single minded, but I've been hanging out in the Lit forum for years and never knew there was a Tucson forum over here in the fan sites. I guess I should of been paying attention to more than just the Lit forum, eh?

Anyway, I'm David. I shop for comics at Heroes and Villians. I play in local band the Rusted Satellites. (www.myspace.com/rustedsatellitesmusic) I have a monsterous Darth Vader collection. Recently I added that awesome Darth Vader statue that I won at Heroes and Villians charity auction and a five different sets of the original WEG pewter figures.

Just figured I'd stop in here and say hello!
  2. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Awesome! I'm Mike, the co-head of this little group. I, and a few other members, go to H&V pretty regularly for the Star Wars Miniatures tournaments that are run on Sundays. Are you into them, or have you even heard of them? Anyways, if you're big into books, we have a Book Club, and the current book is 'Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina' (I think...). We have a library with a good portion of all the SW books, and also a Fan Fiction thread hosted by GrandAdmiral_Frank. If you get a chance, come by the Tucson Comic Con on Saturday, because a lot of us will be there! Look for the Tucson Fan Force banner.

EDIT: Well, I just read your other post. So nevermind. BUT, if you are into Miniatures by some stroke of luck, we have a Clone Wars release tournament on Sunday. Also, we are getting together tomorrow night for the Clone Wars tv show.
  3. esahr8 Jedi Knight

star 1
    It is.
  4. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome David, bet you never knew there was more to this rock eh?
  5. Methodical Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry to disappoint, but I don't play Minis. :) I'm older (35) and my band is my only real hobby that I have time for. I work ridiculous hours. My wife and I own our own business, so, I'm sure you can imagine.

I've read all the books, except maybe a couple of the newest ones, like the Republic Commando books. My drummer loves Star Wars too, so we've had an agreement for years. He buys all the books that come out, I buy all the comics. We read them, then trade. He (my drummer, Ryan) manages both of the Zia Records in town, so if you're ever in there, say hello. He'll seriously talk about Mandolorians for hours. Or Warhammer 40K. It's silly.

I'll be sure to say hi if I manage to make it down there this weekend...
  6. Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I'm Ryan too!

Hi and Welcome.
  7. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello David I would be the other half that helps run things around here. My name is Chris and it is a pleasure to have you here! Please come to the comic con if you can as it runs from 10-7 so plenty of time to pop in. 35 years young? You are never too old to play minis! I myself am married and have two children and my toy collection rivals my sons! Anyhow welcome aboard!
  8. Methodical Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh, it's not an age problem holding me back. It's a time problem. Only have so much of it. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome though, folks...
  9. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Just dropping in to say hello, and add my invitation to you to come out and join us for the Tucson Comic Con, or any old time for that matter, we get together pretty regularly for all sorts of stuff.

Does your band play in town anywhere?
  10. Methodical Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes we do!

We're playing tonight at The Rock. We're playing next Friday night at The Rock, then we're playing the 28th at Belushe's. That show is free. Free is awesome.
  11. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    The show on the 28th is the free one, and by free do you mean no cover at the door? Though it's a night my husband works, not sure I could venture into a bar without him, but I might try if I had a chance to say hello.
  12. Methodical Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, the show at Belushe's on the 28th is free, no cover charge. The one this Friday at the Rock is 7 in advance or 9 at the door. It's a local showcase, so there's about six to eight bands playing. Much more mellow stuff than usual. I'm actually going to play acoustic for most of the night.

The show at Belushe's is straight up rock and roll though. Just us and one badn opening for us. Should be a good time...
  13. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm going to see if I can find a friend that would hang out with me and watch the show, if I can then I will be there.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie