main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello with A New Board Idea

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Humby, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Humby

Humby Jedi Padawan

Jan 27, 2013
    Hello all, I'm on a relatively new account here, I post once in a while but I get most of my kicks from reading everyone else's comments. I've been coming here a long time, and I used to have a different account, but I've since forgotten all of the credentials I used to make it. So here I am on a new account.

I thought it might be a good idea to introduce a new discussion board idea, a comprehensive "Star Wars Spin-Off Films" board, where we can go to discuss the rumors and any future confirmations of the spin off films. We can discuss the rumors, like the Boba Fett film or Old Republic films, and our own ideas as well.

Any mods out there that think this might be a good idea?

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hi. If you scroll your mouse over the link to each forum a description of its content will pop up. Scrolling over "Episode VII" offers this: 7SA: Discuss the upcoming film Star Wars: Episode VII, its sequels, and future spin-off films. Spoilers allowed! so that is the forum for all new films.

3. Humby

Humby Jedi Padawan

Jan 27, 2013
    Now that you point it out, I know that I've noticed that before, I guess it just never registered in my head, haha. Think they will be separated soon? Not that I am actually concerned about it, just curious. It would be nice to visit the Episode VII Board and not get so distracted by the other things that pop up, even in threads that specifically Episode VII focused. But I digress. Thanks for the tip!

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Humby! :)

That question can be answered best by the mods of Ep7 (like Chorus), but usually we are all working to keep the forum structured so everyone has a chance to find what they want. I've seen that there are some prefixes (you find them right under the title of board). If you hit them, the topics get sorted. And if spin-offs start to distract from Ep7 (or otherwise around), I'm sure the mods will use either an additional prefix or discuss a separation. Just from this point of time, I don't think they'll do it 'today' - but then again, it's up to the board mods. :)

No matter how they decide, you brought it up and one of the mods (Chorus) has/will read it. So your view is heard and the idea is born.

For now, I would like to suggest, join the Ep7 board, get into the flow and soon you'll have a good overview for all those threads. For the start it might even be helpful to read the stickied threads at that board. There you'll find lots of helpful information. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

(A Chorus of Disapproval, if you like to use this thread as a discussion one and move it to Ep7, feel free to do so. :) )

5. Humby

Humby Jedi Padawan

Jan 27, 2013
    Thanks for the replies Skiara and Chorus, appreciate the help and hospitality!