main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello!

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by MonaLeia, Apr 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Hi folks! I ran into this board while cruising the net and I had no idea there were any fan groups in Rhode Island so I was pleasantly surprised! I'm actually a Connecticut native (don't hurt me!) who attends college in Rhode Island and I was interested in learning about what you guys do. While I will be leaving for CT again in two weeks, I will be back again in September.

Oh, my name is Lisa by the way! :D

Have a wonderful day and may the Force be with you!

~Mona Leia, aka Lisa

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hi lisa! glad you found us :)

what we do, hm ... we do the usual fan force thing - meet once a month for some fun activity, and generally hang out. we're a small group, easy going, all that jazz. and we won't hurt you for being from CT :p

feel free to stop in at our next meet (details in this thread) if you like :)

carrie

3. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    First off....that is an awesome forum name. Always happy to have more people join our squardon.

Like Carrie said. We just some people who all enjoy star wars and we hang out now and then. I didn't know we had some jazz too but hey thats cool.

Would be awesome to see you at this weeks meet of X men 2!! (I'm against calling it X2) I"m super excited.

Jeff

4. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Hello! Thank you both for the warm welcome! As for the forum name, it's based on a picture I saw once of the Mona Lisa with Leia's face and cinnamon bun hairdo. Since my real name is Lisa, I sort of adopted it as my nickname. I'm glad you like it! :D

I would seriously love to come to your meeting but there is this one little problem - I don't have a car! I might be able to coax a friend to take me but not many people have cars on campus. I will have a car next year though (hopefully) so that might make things work a little bit better, right?

Well, that Saturday night I'm going to a Star Wars viewing party at my friend's house. She has never seen any of the movies (except AoTC on IMAX which I dragged her to see) so I'm bringing the original trilogy and a group of us are going to watch as much as we can handle in one night. Should be fun!

I do hope I can come to some of your meetings in the future if I can't make this one.

Another question: do you guys do costume stuff? Like do you ever dress up and go to things? I've always wanted to do that! Not that I have a costume but I am going to try and learn how to sew this summer.

Sorry, I babble. Again, nice meeting you!

~Lisa

5. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    monaleia, indeed that is a great name :) well if you can make it to the meet friday, that's great :) if not, don't sweat it. we've got plenty of stuff planned to last us a good while :)

do you guys do costume stuff? Like do you ever dress up and go to things?

well i myself am very interested in costuming, and have even made a jedi outfit. another member here, mary, also did a very very cool aayala secura costume. you can check out our halloween at the IMAX here. our last meet was "build your own lightsaber" which was awesome. since it's basically just me and mary who have costumes, we don't really do too much by way of dressing up for activities....except i do wear my jedi robes to any cons we might get to go to.

if people are interested, i might run a "side project" where we can get together and work on costumes and share ideas. i've got a sewing machine too so that always helps :)

6. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    I'm sorry I missed the lightsaber building!! I would have loved to do that. I actually have a sewing machine, too, but it's home in CT and probably packed because we're in the process of moving. I'm extremely interested in costuming but I don't know how to use my sewing machine yet. As I said before, I hope to learn this summer.

The pictures on that site are very awesome! I intend to make Jedi robes for myself someday once I learn to sew. I also want to make a Ceremonial Leia dress. I am sort of hoping to go to Celebration III (if it doesn't interfere with my exams or graduation - if it does I'll be extremely disappointed!) and if I go, I'd need something interesting to wear!

Since I'm not really a member, I don't know if my input counts but I would be interested in a costume "side project"! I would love to learn anything you can teach me.

~Lisa

7. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Hey! MonaLeia :D

New people are always welcome. :)

Welcome to the RI boards ;)

What school do you go to here in RI? I'm currently at the University of Rhode Island. It'd be cool if we went the same place.

I hope to see you at some meets. :)

See you around.

:D Sara

8. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Hi, Sara! Unfortunately, we do not go to the same school. I go to Providence College, though one of my cousins goes to URI! Though with the school as large as it is, it is more than likely you don't know her. I honestly hardly know her myself - we are like third cousins and she's really really shy.

All the same, it is very nice meeting you! :)

~Lisa

9. Domina_Tagge

Domina_Tagge Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2001
    Welcome to the madness, Lisa *grin* Love the quote in your signature. I'm Mary, the one who painted herself blue for her very first meeting with these people. ROFLMAO! (Aayla Secura) We are very glad to have you!

Mary

PS., Had to pack my Aayla costume away with the rest of my pre-pregnant clothing, LOL. That top *really* doesn't fit now.

10. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Hi Mary!! I *love* the pictures of you in that costume! Awesome job! I personally have this aversion to having anything on my face, including face paint, so I always admire the people who go all out like that!! Congratulations on the baby, btw! :)

And I love that quote too! Actually, I love the humor in general in the original movies. Han and Leia are too funny!

~Lisa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.