main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by sarlacc-pit, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarlacc-pit

sarlacc-pit Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2005
    I am excited to be here. I had been hoping there was an organized fan base here in Lafayette. I met "Swampsurfer" this evening, and he introduced me to the site. I look forward to sharing ideas with everyone. AS you know episode III is the last of the films, however there are still three more chapters that Mr. Lucas may or may not endeavor. I would really like to discuss the new Jedi Order with anyone who has read the series. Keep in touch.

2. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Welcome. I imagine it was you that I met at Toys-R-Us. Good to have you around. I'm sure you will find someone here who loves that series as much as you.

3. Theyrenotdolls

Theyrenotdolls Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    sarlacc,
    i've read all of the books except the last one. When it first came out, the hardcover was too expensive and I just havent had the time to pick it up lately.

my favorite though has been "Star by Star". To me, it read like a star wars movie.

Luke is my favorite character from the movies and i really like the way they've portrayed him thru the NJO series.
    Since 1996, when i read the thrawn trilogy, i've been entranced by mara jade.
    I argue with friends of mine all the time about Chewie's death. I say that to make an impact on the universe, someone had to die. Chewie, the top supporting character seems to be the logical choice. Sad none-the-less.

I have not read any of the short stories in the Insider or Gamer. How are they?

Have you heard about the new series "Legacy" or somethign like that. ?

I feel that since there were sooo many books in the series that the details/timeline has kind of been lost in my head, but overall I really enjoyed these books. I think they had all of that jedi greatness of the Jedi Academy trilogy as well as lots of battles and star firghers like the Rogue Squadron novels.

Later,
    TND
    (Dennis)

4. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    Didn't much care for NJO myself, as a whole, but it got a lot better towards the end.

5. DarthGuido

DarthGuido Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    Hey Sarlacc, welcome to the group. I've read all of the NJO books, and enjoyed them for the most part. If you haven't already, read Rogue Planet. It ties the NJO series into the Prequel Trilogy era. Also, be on the lookout, Timothy Zahn is finally bringing the details of the Outbound Flight to a novel soon. The release date on Amazon is Oct. 25th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.