main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Hello

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DECAY922, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DECAY922

DECAY922 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    I am a new memeber, I live in Greece, and just wanted to say a quick hello! I am huge Star Wars fan and I was unaware that this site existed until I went to Tinseltown last week(I got the web address off the poster.). The costumes looked great. I particularly liked the dark trooper costume.

2. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Welcome to the boards!

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
  4. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Welcome! Glad to have you here. :)

5. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Welcome Deacay922! I'm sure Mike will be glad to hear he was your fave! And you Actually knew he was Dark Trooper/Spec Ops Trooper. Most people call him Darth Vader :).

6. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Howdy D!

7. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome to the boards Decay922! I'm glad you found us!

Some of us will actually be in Greece this Saturday helping out with an event for the USS Tranquility. If you're able to stop by the Greece Sam's Club in the Elm Ridge Plaza sometime between 11am-6pm be sure to say "hi".

~Doc_Bev

8. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Welcome DECAY922. Enjoy. :)

9. DECAY922

DECAY922 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I would love to stop by, but unfortunately my work schedule this weekend makes that near impossible. Good luck with your sale!

10. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Welcome to the Rebellion and Fan Force. Not to pick on you or anything, but for some reason it always amazes me that local online fans are unaware of Fan Force. Especially if you get Insider which I believe has mentioned Fan Force before somewhere. Also that even fans that are aware do not understand that its a lot more then just Forums and that we do stuff off line. I guess its because for me if I was not aware of Fan Force I would be looking for a local group on Line and would seek out other local fans as I did back in 1994 / 95. Actually that was way before Fan Force obviously and I was not online and found the first version of this group which was the Rochester Star Wars club and the News letter was the COMLINK. Well, you found us and that's great. Better late then never. Even with the Theatrical movies done there is still fun to be had in the future.

11. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Not everyone reads the Star Wars Insider or looks for clubs online Jeff. I am not a subscriber to Insider nor do I really go looking around online for clubs. The only reason I even found out about Rebelscum was from a few members of our current group...

12. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I have to agree with Wingnut. It has been very easy to miss the fact that we exist.

Back in 1999 - I was aware of the formation of GRASWA. At the time, I was too busy between work and school to join. When I went to try to touch base and join in 2002 - all online references that I could find seemed to show that the club had disbanded.

It wasn't until I saw The Rebellion participate in a local event (the Slanted Fedora Convention) that I discovered that an active Star Wars group existed in the area.

As The Rebellion hasn't had its own online presence until this past month (and even that is very limited at the moment) - it is very easy to believe that people who are actively doing online searches could miss us.

This is part of the reason why I feel that it is important that we continue to do area events (i.e. toy shows, etc) and why it is important that we start to invest some time to add some real content to the Rebellion's website.

13. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Indeed welcome and TD-027 was right I'm sooo happy someone recognized I wasn't Darth Vader. Thank you for your compliment.

14. DECAY922

DECAY922 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    It's actually kind of funny the you mention the magazine. I have read the Star Wars Insider magazine for a number of years and have never really noticed the add for the Fan Forum.

15. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Yeah I know that not every fan reads the insider or looks for clubs. What I was trying to say is that I am surprised that more people who would have interest in joining a local star wars groups such as our selves, never look for them. Also even if you are not looking for them they pop up in articles and fan sites. Of course if your not on lione or anything there is no chance of being aware. No, Fan Force never had an add in the insider but I am sure there is some kind of mention of it or any of its chapters, especially in Bantha Tracks. Thats how I got into local SW Fandom I saw in the insider, back in 95, all the stuff people were doing in other groups and I wanted to do it as well so I seeked out local fans to do it with. I am just crazy I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.