main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AtomixABomb, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtomixABomb

AtomixABomb Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    Well I guess it's about time I properly introduce myself. I've always been browsing these forums, but not until just recently have I been serious about making film. I've fooled around with some programs, a camera, until one day it hit me: 'Hey. HEY. THIS IS PRETTY FARKIN' AWESOME!'. Dunno how, dunno when, it just hit me.

I have a decent camera, it's a Digital8, but it works, and I've got big plans for it, too.
    I have a short Star Wars film burning through my skull right now, and I've already started writing a script for a short film I'm making.

I'll get to the point: I'm a noob, I need all the help I can get (i.e. good film sites, tutorials for AE among other programs, etc.), AND, you're probably going to be seeing me around these forums a lot in the future.

Here's the script for my new movie, called Paranoid:

Paranoid

a short film by Matt Kenyon

Characters: GUY

GUY walks into his house after a hard day of school, you can tell he's tired as he plops his backpack down by the front door.

As he bends down to pick up a rubber ball on the ground, he is suddenly alerted by a beeping noise.
    Shooting up, he looks around just as the beeping noise stops.
    He suspiciously walks into the kitchen, playing with the rubber ball.
    He opens up the fridge and scans around for a drink.
    He pulls out a can of soda and begins drinking.
    He grabs his backpack, and heads to the table to start his homework.
    As he sits down, the beeping is heard again, this time louder. He suspiciously searches the table, checks underneath, no sign of the source of the beeping.
    Finally, it stops again. GUY is a little more weary of the sound, and slowly starts writing in his spiral notebook. The beeping starts again, this time even louder. GUY tries to contain his anger, but he finally cracks, snapping his pencil and throwing the two halves on the ground,
    he stands up and begins frantically searching for the source of the nuisance, dumping out his backpack, rustling through stacks of papers, throwing the sheets off his bed.
    Finally, in a fit of anger, GUY punches his pillow, leaving his fist indented into it.
    Suddenly, the realization comes to him, he slowly brings his hand out of his pillow to reveal his watch, with the alarm going off, beeping.
    He peers outside with an evil grin.
    Opening a sliding glass door leading outside, he runs to a brick wall and harshly chucks his watch over.
    GUY puts his hands on his hips and looks at what he's done with a smirk of satisfaction.
    CRASH, the sound of a car window breaking is heard, and GUY scrambles off-screen

END

It's rough but it drives the main idea home.

Later!

2. Darthness

Darthness Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Ok, that was kinda, well... interesting. But I'm glad I read it, cause while I was reading it, for some reason it inspired me to come up with an idea for some fun short movie where a guy just goes around shooting things and people, with a thumping techno/trance beat playing.

It'd be fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.