main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Hello!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Ayn, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Hi, Im a new member from Portland OR. I missed out on SW as a kid, but my boyfriend introduced me to the saga for the first time this past summer, and I was hooked from the start. Now our apartment is quickly filling with action figures and other SW item and much of my time lately has been filled Battlefront, KOTOR, and Empire at War. The forums look like lots of fun, and Im looking forward to meeting other local SW fans.

2. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Welcome, Welcome. It's great to have a new member (no pressure). In some ways its sad that you were never introduced to Star Wars as a kid. But it's also very exciting to discover it for the first time. It would be great to feel the ah and wonder again as I did when I was a kid and discovered SW for the first time. Did your boyfriend first introduce you to the Original Trilogy, or the newer films? I'm more of a purist....I believe that the Original Trilogy is the "pure" Star Wars and every thing else (the prequils, books, etc) are extras.....but great extras.

We are trying to get together an Oregon Fance Force (OFF) meeting in Portland soon...Check out the meeting thread. If you want, you and your boyfriend would be total welcome....most of us have not met yet so it will be new to us all.

Also, when you are ready, please sign in at the Survey thread (the top "sticky" post).

Please feel free to post all you want, any topic (Star Wars or others).

3. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Thanks for the welcome! I watched the original trilogy first, although I have to admit to being confused at first as to why we were watching episode 4 first. Im glad I did, I enjoyed the prequels, but I dont think I would have been drawn in as quickly by eps 1,2, and 3. I was lucky enought to catch on in time to see ep 3 in the theatres. I was so excited to see Chewie, Obi-Wan, and Yoda, that kind of excitement used to be reserved for seeing the Grateful Dead! For years, I thought the only meaning of wookiee was an shaggy haired unshaven deadhead. LOL It must have been amazing seeing it as a child, plus having all the excitment of waiting for ESB and ROTJ to be released. Not to mention all those great OT toys you guys must have had!

A local get together sounds great, Ive been reading the thread...as soon as somebody sets a date/time, Ill mark my calender :) Also, we are planning to try to get to the comic book show tomorrow.

4. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Excellent - if you do come to the comic show, make sure to keep an eye out for the wandering Jedi.

-Kyle

5. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Ive never actually been to any events where people do costumes. Im really disappointed that I missed it, hopefully we will make it to some Dark Side Trooper events soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.