main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Hello!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthGreene, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGreene

DarthGreene Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2005
    Hello everyone! I live in Beverly, MA and I have a Star Wars fan all my life. I have been on the Force.net forums for a while now but I just discovered this particular forum. I'm looking forward to chatting with Star Wars fans on here as it seem you guys have a great time!

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Greetings, DarthGreene...I live all the way on the other shore (south of Boston), but I hope to see you at a meet in the future, as do the rest of us. :D

3. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    Welcome DarthGreene !! :)

Always glad to have a new person on our forums.

You are more than welcome to post anytime you want and if you like to post a new topic please do, we are all very friemdly here.

If you have any questions about us please ask away.

Again welcome and hope to see you at a meet and chat sometime.

My name is Chris and I have been a fan since 1977.

What brought you over to these forums?

What are your favorite ares of the Star Wars universe?

4. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hello there!

My name is Korey... been a fan since 1977. Screen name says it all. LOL

Welcome. Look forward to meeting you!

5. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome to the forums DG, glad to have you on board.

What part of Beverly to you call home? I lived up there for a while and graduated from Montserrat (back when it was located over at the Music Theater)

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
  7. DarthGreene

May 15, 2005
    WOW thanks for the warm welcome everyone! To answer some of your questions, McLOVIN I though it would be cool to find some Star Wars fans in my area so I looked around and found the North East forum. I'm not sure what you mean by favorite area of the Star Wars universe? If you mean favorite planet I would say Naboo would be my favorite. If you meant which set of movies do I like more then it would be the original three.

DarthWormie: I live in the North Beverly area right near the plaza and China Jade.

Do any of you here go to conventions? I went to United Fan Con in Springfield last November. Is anyone going to Anime Boston in March? I'm not a big Anime fan but my room mates who are big Sci-Fi fans really wanted me to go so I'm going to check it out.

8. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    DarthGreene, many of us go to a convention at the Framingham Sheraton called Super MegaFest every year. It's held on the weekend before Thanksgiving (Nov. 22 & 23 this year), and usually features one or two Star Wars celebrities (Ray Park {Darth Maul} and Jeremy Bulloch {Boba Fett from the original trilogy} were there signing autographs last year) along with non-Star Wars celebrities (Adam West and Burt Ward from the "Batman" TV series of the 60's were there last year). The New England FanForces (this one and New Hampshire) try to have a presence at this event, and we usually conduct a raffle throughout the weekend for some charity (last year the Cam Neely Foundation). We have already started discussing this year's event in this thread. You can also bookmark http://www.supermegafest.com for more information.

We hope to see you there. :)

9. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    I was curious do you like collectibles, figures, books, etc.

I love to go to cons. I have been to Celebration II , III, and IV.

Also got to Chiller Theatre in New Jersey a great time.

10. DarthGreene

May 15, 2005
    I do indeed buy Star Wars collectibles. I have bought every issue of the Legacy comic book. I'm currently reading the second book in the Thrawn Trilogy. I got done reading the Rise of Darth Vader and I really enjoyed it. I plan on buying the Untold story of the Death Star in a few days. I do collect some of the figures when I see something that really catches my eye. I also like watching some of the Star Wars fan films on the site.

I actually wrote a Star Wars fan film/short movie and I have a cast and everyone in place to film the movie I just haven't been able to start filming yet. It's called "Trivia Wars". It's based off my experience at a Star Wars trivia contest held at the Liberty Tree Mall in Danvers in November 25, 2005. I entered the contest merely to kill sometime. All the contestants were very friendly except for one gentleman who had a very big ego, very rude and acted as if he was the best thing since sliced bread. As legend has it no one ever beat this guy in a Star Wars trivia contest. He even had his own cheering section of people who made fun of other contestants. It came down to him and I in the finals and I won the contest and the look on his face as if someone had kicked his dog.

11. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Nothing like beating a smug and arrogant person at what they are best at.

Congrats on winning the contest.

What was the question(s) that the expert was unable to answer?

What was the prize for winning?

12. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Welcome DarthGreene. Nice to have another North Shore person here. I was born and raised in Gloucester.

13. DarthGreene

May 15, 2005
    McLOVIN : The final question went to the other contestant and it was "What was the name of the group that Prince Xizor runs?" He said the Hutts and I answered the Black Sun and I won.

14. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    welcome!!! =D. there's still a lot of 'dormant' SW fans in northeast. i believe they happen to be fans of other things as well like indy4, etc. when sw clone wars comes out this august, i think a lot more will come out of the 'woodworks' so to speak. welcome! =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.