main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Ajjawz, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajjawz

Ajjawz Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2008
    Basically I love star wars, and am really into the effects that they use.

I use LSmaker (don't just assume it sucks, it can be good :p) and I'm currently looking for a better lightning.mot, so I was hoping someone could help me out, but I wasn't sure where to post it on the board, so this is my hello.

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Howdy, there. Welcome to the JC! This place can be rather big, but you've started at the right place! :)

From what I saw in your post, I think you might want to chat with the folks over in 3D or Fan Films. They're all about visual effects and making stuff look cool on film and on computers. They might be able to help out or show you other cool ways of working on what you're doing.

I hope you find out some cool stuff on those boards, but if you have any other general questions, feel free to PM me or let someone around here know. We're just a cool bunch of nice nerds, so ask away. :cool:

Trika

3. Ajjawz

Ajjawz Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2008
    Thanks Trika, I'll head over there!

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Ajjawz! :)

I assume you have taken a look at the (good) links Trika gave you above, right? So, did/do they help you?

While working on your visuel effects, don't forget to join one or two social threads. It's a lot of fun to talk to people who have the same interests. :)

Enjoy your stay! :D

5. Ajjawz

Ajjawz Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2008
    I posted in the 3D section, haven't gotten a response back yet, but there's some useful stuff around here. And thanks.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Don't give up. Some boards are pretty slow and others are faster. Just take a look at the last posting dates of the threads in a certain board. Then you get a feeling for the speed of the board. :)

You can always ask a Mod for help as well. Maybe they can't answer your question directly, but sometimes they can give you a useful link or another hint. :)

7. Ajjawz

Ajjawz Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2008
    Thanks again, I've been searching the site, and I'm sure I'll find what I need.

8. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Hello there.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.