main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Queens_Earring, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queens_Earring

Queens_Earring Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2008
    I'm Queens_Earring. I'm new! I'm wondering what that place is like, so will probably hang around quite some time.

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Queens_Earring! :)

You've got an interesting name. How did you come up with this one? Was it your first try? There are so many usernames and their socks around that I would bet that it is hard to get a first-choice-username. So I'm wondering. ;)

Speaking about wondering, what do you wonder about? About this whole forum? This board? :confused:

Have a good time! :)

3. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Weeeeee, a newbie![face_dancing]
    Welcome, Queens_Earring! We are quite crazy around here, so if you are too, don't be afraid![:D] Have fun!

4. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    Welcome Queens_Earing! Don't worry, we're not really insane, just highly . . . different. 8-}

If you have a question PM me, or anyone else, we're all helpful. ;)

Enjoy your stay!

5. Evil_X_13

Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2008
    Welcome Queens_Earring ! Enjoy your stay here on The Force.

6. Queens_Earring

Apr 14, 2008
    Thank-you, Skiara. :) I decided on this user name because I like earrings and I've always thought it interesting to know what other sorts of people talk about. Some of my favorite costumes, if you will, are the ones they give Queen Amidala. Therefore, you have Queens_Earring. And it was my first try!

I am wondernig how this place is run, where to go for costume advice and reading other peoples' Star Wars stories.

Crazy might be too much of a word, but slightly eccentric might fit. A hug. How nice. :) I don't know how to do the hugging face.

Thank-you, TrulyGhent. That is very good to hear. :)

7. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hi there, Queens_Earring. Let's see if we can't point you in the right direction for some stuff, eh? :D

Costume advice is all tucked away in its own board. Check out Costuming and Props... they're sure to have what you're looking for.

If you're looking for other people's Star Wars stories, fanfiction has a load of boards divided by era. If you're looking for help with writing a story, try the resource board. If you're just looking for stories, though, you can find them based on whether they take place before, during, or after the movies.

And as for that hugging face, there's a little button just above the reply text box that says "faces." If you click on that, you'll see a whole new world of smilies available to you. There's also a link at the top of all the boards called "Faces," or you can just look at the page here.

I also suggest that if you're looking for a way to get acclimated to the JC, you might want to check out newbie adoptions. We're always here to help if you need it, but you can actually get an oldbie "master" to adopt you and they'll take the time to show you around the boards and answer any questions that you have so you don't feel so overwhelmed.

Hmmmm... lengthy reply, eh? Let us know if we can be of any more help to you around the boards, and welcome.

Trika

8. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    Hi there Queens_Earring!!! Welcome to the JC. It's a big place, don't get lost!:p If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or anyone else here, we would be more then happy to help.

p.s don't mention camels or doughnuts around the WNU. and don't ask. trust me...you don't want to know.[face_worried] :p 8-}

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Ah, I see. You're lucky that your first try worked. I heard that some people have to try various names before they find one that isn't registered already. :)

Trika gave you lots of good links, so I hardly can add anything. But one more question: How many costumes do you have? :)

10. Queens_Earring

Apr 14, 2008
    Thanks to all of you. =D= (face_applesauce) :p

I am working on my first one. My own Queen Amidala costume. I am hoping to find some good advice on fabrics. And appliques and a lot of other questions!

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm pretty sure you will, especially at Costume&Props. Good luck with your costuem! [face_good_luck]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.