main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ForceOfTheJedi, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceOfTheJedi

ForceOfTheJedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2011
    I just joined up today. My name is Juli (that's right no e). I live in the Massachusetts area and go to the Super Mega Fest (well last year was my first year). My friend Brian is part of this group, so I decided to join. I am a big fan of Star Wars and I hope to meet some fellow fans here.

~ Juli

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Welcome, Juli. Let us know if you have any questions. Enjoy!

3. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Greetings!

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC, Juli!! Are you into movies, books, the TV show, etc.?

5. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Welcome! [:D]

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome ForceOfTheJedi! :)

Where does your name come from? Is there any German relation? I'm asking, because 'Juli' is the German word for 'July'. :)

Feel free to join us at the Newbie Welcome Party. There we talk about everything. :D

Enjoy your stay! :)

7. ForceOfTheJedi

ForceOfTheJedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2011
    I'm mostly into the Original Trilogy. I'm not a fan of the prequels at all (I'm curious to find out what the other members on this board feel about the prequels). I'm not into the novelizations or the TV series (never got into them). I do however collect some of the Star Wars toys. I will get a picture up sometime of my small Star Wars collection.

As for my name, it actually came from my aunt who also spells her name Juli instead of Julie. Technically, my real name is Juliann but I always go by Juli.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll be sure to check out that newbie party. :)

~ Juli

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hi Julie!

I am old, and not only got swept up in the mania around the originals when they were originally in theatres, but every birthday party, halloween costume, etc. all were nothing but Star Wars. I owned every figure, vehicle, playset, and diecast metal mini of everything that was available. That being said, I love the prequels, while admitting they're flawed. Because I love the OT and am one of the few honest enough to admit that those films are also far more flawed than my nostalgia-vision would let me believe. So, Julee, that's my view on the prequels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.