main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Hello!!!

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Dark Lord Jedi, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Dark Lord Jedi

Dark Lord Jedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2013
    Hi, my name is Ken. I am moving to Buffalo and saw your club. I have been a member of the Ohio Star Wars Club for several years and was happy to see there was a Star Wars club in Buffalo. I hope to become an active member of your club and to make new friends.

Spice Smuggler likes this.
  2. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Welcome, Ken! Look forward to meeting you

3. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Welcome to the boards, Ken.

We are an active group, family oriented, with costumers and non-, old and young, and varying degrees of infatuation with the Star Wars universe. Tell us about yourself: how you came to be interested in SW, how you heard of us, whether you're interested in costuming, collecting, discussing, or whatever.

I got started with this group because of my son, and now I'm more active here than he is! Feel free to read the message threads, respond to the games or just lurk until you feel comfortable. We won't bite. ;)

4. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Welcome, Ken!!

When will you be arriving? We all look forward to meeting you!

5. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    Welcome to the Group! :)

6. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Welcome, Ken!

7. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Welcome Ken! Looking forward to meeting you.

8. Dark Lord Jedi

Dec 21, 2013
    Thank you everyone. I have been a fan ever since I saw A New Hope when it first came out. Since then, I have collected a lot of stuff and passed on my enthusiasm of the movies onto my two kids. I am more of a fan of the movies but enjoy almost anything Star Wars. I am trying to narrow my collection to Sith and Bounty Hunters. I enjoy collecting. I don't have the money or talent to invest in costuming but hopefully some day. My boss told me last month I had to move to Buffalo so I started looking for homes and a Star Wars club. I was happy to see this group. I arrived in Buffalo December 1 and will be moving my family within the next 1-3 weeks. I have been a member of the Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club for about 8 years but haven't been able to do more than participate on the boards due to travel with my job. I should be able to be home more often I Buffalo. Looking forward to attending a meeting or other event.

9. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    If you can, bring the family to the "empire Bowls for Bucks" event on Jan 4. There is a current thread for more information. It is a fundraising event for Autism Awareness an is going to be a fun time!!

Everyone's level of participation varies so don't worry about that. A costume is not required. This is a fun group of people and we all look forward to meeting you and your family!

Anna

Spice Smuggler likes this.
  10. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Welcome to Buffalo Ken...

11. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Welcome Ken!

Always glad to have a fellow Star Wars fan on board!

Where are you looking for housing?

12. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    Welcome to the boards! Hope to see you in person in the not-too-distant future.

13. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    Welcome to the boards, Ken! I look forward to meeting you in person. As Anna posted earlier there is a bowling event going on this Saturday, it might be a great way to meet some members of the group and get a feel for what we're all about. Here's a website for more info: http://nickrockwell0.wix.com/empirestrikesbucks
    Hope to see you there!

14. Dark Lord Jedi

Dec 21, 2013
    Looks like I will be moving to Lancaster. I will try to make it to the bowling event on Saturday to meet some of you in the club. Thank you all for the warm welcomes.

72Princess likes this.
  15. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Unfortunately, the "warm welcomes" seem the be the only source of heat in Buffalo at the moment... Brrrrrrr.... I hate winter...