main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello!!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by jose71, Mar 26, 2016.

1. jose71

jose71 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2016
    Hello! I'm new on this forum. My mother tongue is spanish so I don't feel very confident writing in English. Please forgive me if I make any mistakes. I'm a fan of Star Wars since I was a child. Now I'm 44, but I had the pleasure to watch the first movie "A New Hope" in the Cinema with my parents and, since then I'm hooked on the SW Universe. I saw the last Episode with my daughter who is now 19 and it was really a pleasure introduce her to my great passion.
    Greetings to everyone in the forum from Spain and I hope we can enjoy the magic of the SW Universe for a long time. :D

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hi jose71! I too watched A New Hope in the cinema back when it opened. :) Welcome to the forums, I hope you'll enjoy the community as much as I do.

Which movie is your favorite? The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite, TFA is probably 2nd or 3rd favorite for me.

Darth Dreadwar and jose71 like this.
  3. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome!! I'm sure you'll find yourself at home and don't forget to check out the Jedi and Sith (I'm in the Sith on!!) factions in the EUC...
    Jag4Me is that self promo??? lol.

4. jose71

jose71 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2016
    Hi Jag4Me!
    The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite too (I still watch it once and once again and enjoy every scene like a child) :D . I enjoyed very much TFA too. I should say it is my 3rd favorite after A New Hope. The first scene of Episode IV, when storm troopers get into the Tantive IV with Darth Vader, and, the scene when Obi Wan gives the Anakin's Light Saber to Luke (and the Obi Wan's death) are epic. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the release of the DVD of TFA. I love Daisy Ridley in the role of Rei. The final scene when She gets the lightsaber with the inmortal music of John Williams... it gives me goosebumps :D
    Thank you for your welcome to the forum. :D

Jag4Me likes this.
  5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Nope, no self promo Halle Dray. [face_laugh]

You listed some of my favorite scenes too! :D

Have you read any of the novels or comics? I'm a big Expanded Universe fan myself.

Halle Dray and jose71 like this.
  6. jose71

jose71 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2016
    Only read some of the Expanded Universe novels, but, all the 6 novels of the first and second trilogy. In fact, I try to read them regularly to learn languages in English and in Japanese (I know it could be awkward but Japanese's my second language).

I'll check it out the EUC... thanks for the info Halle Dray :)
    [​IMG]

7. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Nice! I hope we see you over there, it's an awesome community.

Darth Dreadwar and jose71 like this.
  8. jose71

jose71 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2016
    Thanks again!!
    I hope I can learn more about SW and enjoy the magic with all of you. :)

Jag4Me likes this.
  9. Darth DoJ

Darth DoJ Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2016
    Hola, bienvenido Jose, como estas amigo? :D

I am the most powerful sith you'll ever meet, seriously, I eat midichlorians for breakfast, but that doesn't mean I'm not a nice guy... Join the dark side, I will complete your training, and together, we WILL rule the forum and we shall have paz.

10. jose71

jose71 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2016
    Buenos días, maestro!! Darth DoJ

Ok, that's a good offer... but I don't want losing my arms and legs and beeing integrated into an uncomfortable dark armor. I prefer the Jedi stuff with the hoods, the beards, the bright colors... (though I'm not really sure I could be strong enough with the chastity's vow)... But, I like the "rojo" lightsaber... :redsaber: so, get me some time to think about the offer... I'm a little confused, maestro.

Darth DoJ likes this.
  11. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    Jose71, you're home!

Welcome on boards! Hey, we're almost neighbours, I'm from Italy.

I joined this community last week and I'm still a peon, but I'm studying to become the most powerful Italian Sith.

If I were you, I wouldn't listen to those agents of the light... Why don't you join our fiendish organisation? You can follow the link you can find below in my signature.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Darth Dreadwar, Darth DoJ and jose71 like this.
  12. jose71

jose71 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2016
    Thanks panta1978!!

It really sounds good. I'll check out the link and save it to my favorites.
    We're almost neighbours! though I'm thinking to move out to some peaceful place in the outer rim... Maybe Baroonda... Love the incredible waterfalls, the jungle...
    We'll keep in touch!!

panta1978 and Darth DoJ like this.
  13. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Welcome, my friend! I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

If you have any questions about the Forums, feel free to PM me! I don't mind being inundated. *laughs*

14. jose71

jose71 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2016
    Thank you Darth Dreadwar!!
    I'll try not to inundate you so much, but I surely will have a lot of questions about the paths of the dark side... that Jedi don't feel comfortable aswering.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  15. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome to the boards, jose71 !
    Glad to have you around.

If you have any questions, ask, if you need any advice or recommendations, ask. Here to help.

You may find checking out our Sith Academy thread helpful, if you are interested in the Sith or "Dark Side". We also have the Sith Empire thread that was linked to prior, which is the main branch. There's even a branch in the Star Wars Community as well, and an RP game - should you choose to join. Check it out, either way.

I hope you find everything alright, and I hope to see you around! :)

jose71 likes this.
  16. jose71

jose71 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2016
    Thank you Admiral Volshe!!

Everyone in this forum is very nice. Very friendly atmosphere. I'll ask you if I have any questions.
    I'll check out the Sith Academy and the RP game.
    May the force be with you!

17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Did you check out any of the novels we discussed? :). My collection of SW novels are mostly stored in crates currently because I just don't have the shelf space. I've switched to getting them in e-format, but I'd rather have the books to hold.

18. jose71

jose71 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2016
    I've checked some books of the New Jedi Order in amazon. I'm thinking about ordering one of them with the TFA novel. Which NJO novel you recommend me to read first? Star by Star, Balance Point, Destiny's Way.... there's a lot of fun waiting :)
    I'd rather to hold the books too. The smell, the sentation of turning pages... storage is a problem though...

Jag4Me likes this.
  19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Start with Vector Prime. It's the first novel in the series and you learn about the start of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.
    I'm not going to lie, it's very intense and when it was released a lot of fans were outraged. I won't spoil it, but let's just say it's emotional. NJO is probably my favorite series, and I think you would enjoy it. :)

20. jose71

jose71 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2016
    Wow, sounds good. I'll take your advice and I'll start with Vector Prime. I think I've heard something about the Yuuzhan Vong invasion in X-Wing Mercy Kill... maybe... Anyway, I think I'm going to enjoy it a lot (with my dictionary by my side)
    Thank you so much!!!

Jag4Me likes this.
  21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Anytime for a fellow fan! I look forward to your opinion on VP. The first time I read it, I had avoided all reviews and spoilers, so I was shocked. Since then I've gotten over being outraged. [face_laugh]

jose71 likes this.
  22. jose71

jose71 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2016
    Ok. I'll get you my opinion... But I don't know how much time would take me to read the book. Second language, the job, the house... I'll try to finish the book before Rogue One :)

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Sounds good. :)

I'm looking forward to Rogue One as well. The cast looks great.

jose71 likes this.
  24. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Welcome to the boards and your English looks perfectly fine to me :p Glad to have you here, my friend!

jose71 likes this.
  25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Wow, talk about swamped by the Dark Side.

Espanol is the nearest I have to a second language. I only completed a basic course in it, but I do enjoy using the few words I know in it, and back when I dabbled in JavaScript, I created a little quiz to test myself, which is still on my laptop somewhere.

jose71 likes this.