main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Dark_Lady_Rae, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Dark_Lady_Rae

Dark_Lady_Rae Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 30, 2016
    This is Dark_Lady_Rae, and I'm a brand new user here! I'm a bit unsure about all this, since I've never been on a forum this big before...

I'd really appreciate a map of some kind, this place is more confusing to navigate than my college campus! [face_blush]

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello,

It can be confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it. :) Are you a fan of the Expanded Universe, or just the films? There are boards for literature, role playing, and fan fiction. You'll also find some fun social threads where you can chat with people.

Mikaboshi and Dark_Lady_Rae like this.
  3. Dark_Lady_Rae

Aug 30, 2016
    "Lady Belligerent"... [face_laugh] I really like that name! Nice to meet you.

I love the films, but my friend has been trying to get me into the Expanded Universe books. There's just so many... [face_hypnotized] I think I saw a section for Role Playing earlier too, and I'll never know how the players could write so much... I could spend all day in there, just reading!

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm a big EU fan. :)

If you have any questions, just ask.

5. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    Welcome!!!!

Have fun and see you on the boards :)

6. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Hi Dark_Lady_Rae if you have any questions about the RP forums or are interested in running or joining a game, tag me here or drop me a line. I'm always willing to help in that area, it's sort of become my home here.

7. Dark_Lady_Rae

Aug 30, 2016
    galactic-vagabond422 Thank you for the welcome! I'm no stranger to Roleplaying, but...wow, every post in there could be an essay by itself! :eek: I think I'll stick to just reading them for now.

Master of None Thank you, I'll try my best!

Lady Belligerent Is it okay if my question isn't connected to the Expanded Universe? [face_blush] I'm really wondering how you all got those pretty icons!

8. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Dark_Lady_Rae what kind of RPing have you done before, I'm just a little curious? Tabletop or play by post like the ones here.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  9. Dark_Lady_Rae

Aug 30, 2016
    galactic-vagabond422 Well... [face_blush] I have some experience with post-based Roleplays and just a little Tabletop-styled Roleplaying games, but...the posts I'm familiar with were a whole lot shorter. This is also my first time seeing that whole fancy heading... "IC, Location, et cetera." It all looks so in-depth!

10. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Do you mean our avatars? You can change it easily by clicking on your name, above on the bar, and select avatar. :)

Mikaboshi likes this.
  11. Dark_Lady_Rae

Aug 30, 2016
  12. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Very nice!

I hope you'll decide to join in the role playing. There are many GM's who would love to help you get started.

13. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome aboard, Dark_Lady_Rae! :)

Don't worry about the size of the forum. You see, most of us are really friendly and love to help. So don't hesitate to ask any questions, you have! :D

You asked for a map of the boards: If you take a look at the Welcome New Users (WNU), you can find various very helpful threads at the top of the board (right above the list of threads) like the http://boards.theforce.net/threads/map-of-the-boards.50009356/]map[/url] of the boards or the guide to FanFic etc. It's much to read, if you want to go through all threads at once, but it's worth to take a look at least. :)

Have fun and see you around! :)

14. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Dark_Lady_Rae Greetings! I've met you already over in the Pillowfight Thread. :D

But there is my official welcome to the boards and feel free to ask me any questions as well, always happy to help. Glad you checked out the Role-Playing Forum already. *chuckles* Once upon a time, I was nearly everywhere on these forums. My posting speed was rather frightening. Oh, how the years cool off jets. Or perhaps its just Darth RL getting in the way generally, but I digress. Despite my general presence, the RPF has always been my 'center' on the boards the moment I discovered it. (Before that it was the FanFic Forums which is how I discovered tfn myself)

You will be hard pressed to find anything like it elsewhere in the entirety of the internet as I can see you're already becoming aware. I can say this with absolute certainty because I've looked. I've searched, hunted, and foraged everywhere I could think of that had role playing in it. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is like the RPF here on the force.net -- It may seem daunting at first, all those 'creative essays' ( ;) ), but I assure you. Once you've had a taste. There's no going back.

And you'll love every minute of it. :)

Furthermore, the crowd here are like no other, you'll come to see this too. No matter which area you visit, they are all good. Though I'll admit, the YJCC or the area simply known as 'Community' now, can get a bit rough sometimes…think of it as a certain cantina on a certain planet. ;) But its fun if you can handle it. :p

If you wish to ever dabble in Role-Playing, Miss Rae, I am willing to help instruct you on how its all done here. There are some FAQ threads in the Role-Playing Resource forum as well, but sometimes a person to bounce questions off of, practice, and refine one's form is good too and I understand that. Have helped a few over the years. Just give me a heads up if so!

My originally unintended speech is now done. Thanks for sticking with me this long. :p

Adieu for now. [face_cowboy]

15. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome!!

16. Dark_Lady_Rae

Aug 30, 2016
    Skiara Wow, hello! I hardly expected to meet a manager in this massive forum... :) And I see you weren't exaggerating, that "map" is quite a bit to read. I'll manage though, thank you for pointing it out!

Darth_Elu Ah-hah, you're the one who claimed to be Mustafar in there right? :p I'm just poking my head into a bundle of threads, and... it's almost overwhelming! Threads that have been around for years, with up to two-hundred pages, I can't even imagine this forum's history! :eek: It looks like Roleplaying is a pretty big deal here, huh? A pretty big deal that requires a whole lot of commitment! Your speech was very much appreciated, thank you.

Halle Dray Hello! :) Hm, you're the fifth person I've seen today with that stylized thing on the bottom of your message...the signature, I think. May I ask what that's about? :p Some sort of secret club, or something?

Darth_Elu and Mikaboshi like this.
  17. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    Dark_Lady_Rae It is called the signature. It's no a secret group, anyone can join the faction. There's a Jedi one and a Sith one, both Fanclubs, in the EUC. Don't be afraid to check them out!!

18. Dark_Lady_Rae

Aug 30, 2016
    Halle Dray Right, right...the Signature! I did see a Sith thread in here, but I couldn't find a Jedi one! Unless it's buried down further than the pages I looked through, anyway... [face_blush] How does one go about joining a Fanclub?

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  19. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Dark_Lady_Rae The Jedi Fanclub in the EUC is call the Guardians of Light Have a look around there is also a Grey Jedi Fanclub If you don't feel pulled by either side.

Also don't worry about the commitment one has to make to an RP, find a game that interests you PM the GM and jump in, there are many helpful people that will gladly lend a hand. I find that we are some of the friendliest people on the boards always willing to help and answer questions and lend support when needed.

Also if things change in your life and you have to walk away for a bit, that is fine, we understand.

So don't be afraid, join us, we'd be glad to have you.

Darth_Elu and Dark_Lady_Rae like this.
  20. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    Dark_Lady_Rae basically you go there and say that you'd like to join. They'll take you through the process of getting into the group!! It's a lot of fun!!

21. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Welcome, young Rae. I have been expecting you.

22. Dark_Lady_Rae

Aug 30, 2016
    Halle Dray Ha-ha-ha! It's that simple, really? :D Here I thought all factions wanted some string of assignments or something!

Darth Kronos Oh, have you? :p What can I do for you, sir?

Halle Dray likes this.
  23. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    Dark_Lady_Rae not to join. They only have those after you join and become and apprentice.

24. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Dark_Lady_Rae Yes, I am many things. Mustafar may or may not be one of them. *shifty eyes*

But yep, this forum has a long history debating back to 1998 if I recall correctly. Pretty monumental for a message board! As for the RP commitment. It's as galactic-vagabond422 says. Don't worry about it, there's always help and understanding around when you need it. And there's no requirement to join everything you see, if one suits you just fine, then there you go! :)

Glad to be of service. *bows*

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  25. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Hello there D L R. I look forward to comple......uhhh......I mean looking for you on the boards!