main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Hello

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by garrettendi, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrettendi

garrettendi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Hello everyone. As you may notice from my User Profile; I am English. I live in England.

However, unfortunately I have never been to America, and as the NorthWest of America is my favorite American location, I decided to embark on a small, "holiday" of sorts. Coming to this forum was the closest thing I could get to an actual holiday in the NorthWest of America.

2. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Well, welcome! I assure you, though, that the wet and dreary state of Oregon isn't worth traveling overseas to visit. ;)

3. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    Is it not? That's a shame.

I only plan to spend one or two weeks here, then its off to West America. Or Australia. I plan to take an extensive round-the-world trip, JC style.

I dream of becoming famous within the JC, as the man, who traveled the width and breadth of the JC international commmunity, with nothing but a school computer, and a "super-sexy-swinging-sixties-psychedelic-'saber".

I invented the psychedelic 'saber, back in the UK forums. Have a search through the UK forums, and you'll find out about it.

To help me become famous, please tell as many JC administrators as you can. Then people might ask me to visit their forums.

4. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    So you're travelling around the world and posting in the appropriate FF boards of each contry you visit? That's cool! Good luck on your quest. :)

5. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I must tell you I do not think this is a good idea. I posted in many FF boards as well. I very quickly became known as the man who posted in tons of random FanForce boards. I planned to hang out in every active board.

Suffice to say that things got messy, and I no longer visit any FF boards save NE General Discussion, Trenton and NYC; the boards near me. This is my first post outside those boards since ... then. I won't do it again, and only do it this time as a warning. I'm leaving now NorthWesterners, don't worry.

I wish you better luck than I, but I still think you should not continue.

¤Night

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Night, I don't see what the big deal is about posting among the FF forums. As long as no harm is created, i.e. flaming, bashing, etc., I don't see the problem.

Did something get wierd in the past?

7. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    It's great to know that Americans are this friendly.

I'm staying here for a week, then I'll be moving on to Australia, unless anyone PM's me with any requests to post on their forums.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

8. anakin_pm

anakin_pm Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    Greetings Everyone (Apart from Garretn) I be Garrets second-hand on these trips, I shall be in the following :)
    We he go I go.

Well this is were Nathan hangs out then :)
    Sup Nathan :)

9. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    Everyone, this is anakin,

He begged me to let hime come round the world with me, and I needed someone to carry the luggage, so here he is folks. I'm not going to let him steal the limelight. DO YOU HEAR ME? NEVER!

Anakin, I'll PM you with the details about the globetrotting.

10. anakin_pm

Feb 16, 2001
    Oh thats all the gratitude I get for carrying these great big bags of youres!! HA!

Oh well I will just hide in the corner, and come out and support you when youre being mugged by the bigger boys :p

11. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    OK, you can have a bit of fame and fortune then.

12. anakin_pm

Feb 16, 2001
    Thx

What we are also trying to do is pick up a 'postcard' from every chapter we visit, so this means we need a postcard from you guys of youre local region so that we can add ourself to the post card and 'post it' to the FF-UK Forums :)

13. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    Right, pack your bags, anakin, we're off to aussie.

We need a barbecue, a cowboy hat with corks strung from the rim, a guitar, and a alligator wrestling guide.

And don't forget the anti-venom. There are some really poisonous things in the aussie bush.

Goodbye America. Nice seeing you.

14. IsaacAvni

IsaacAvni Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Does Half are more of Great Britain like starwars?

15. obi-wan_fan1

obi-wan_fan1 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    You'll have to come to the Tri-Cities in eastern Washington!! It's so beautiful here...sunny and WARM...since it's a desert, but it's very beautiful over here. I grew up in the western part of the state and BOY is it a big difference!! Be sure to bring plenty of sun screen, especially in the summer when it reaches up to 120 degrees..of corse it's dry heat so it feels like 80. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.