main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto hello

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by graphicfire, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Markham is already in the GTA. He means Markham being assimilated by the Toronto. Resistance is futile.

2. graphicfire

graphicfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Ehrrgh STC such a place of scum and villainy. At least I?ve only had one attempted mugging thus far?I unfortunately have not had the pleasure of growing up with these hallowed meeting places?then again maybe it?s fortunate??

Hmm Christina as my promoter good job thus far? as long as you don?t adopt his hair care regiment what percentage are we talking about though?

Well my little site url. http://www.geocities.com/graphicfire

3. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    I meant to say Megacity, not GTA. But whatever...905 rules!

I'll dye all of your hair brown and make you drive Honda's! Mwuahahahahaaaaa!

4. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    We're MARKHAMITES!! Not Markhamonians or whatever you called us...puh...I'm insulted...truly and deeply by this thread...hence...I will not return to it...you may commence with the wild celebrations...

5. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    We're called Markhamites?

EWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Heck, I didn't know that. Whoa, just when you thought the term Torontonians were bad.

Kat, come back....I need my mayor!!! I'll stop poking you ....I swear....:D

6. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Okay now we need to form a scarberian invasion to combat the markhamites...whos with me?? *christina watches as all the scarborough people run away to avoid being mugged by each other* :p

7. phalstar

phalstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    Poor graphicfire...all he wanted to do was say hello and us twisted folk here screwed his innocent greeting into a propoganda war for the lush, reminiscing about the "golden age of malls" (whatever that is?!?!) and now finally about the scarlem invasion of this "Mark ham" place, a.k.a. New Toronto Boonieville... *sigh*

BTW graphic, you have an *insane* website...it's really sweet, especially the ambiant music, and of course can't leave out Sharnirah...sweet!

8. graphicfire

graphicfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Heh don?t worry this doesn?t seem that twisted..well when I get a better grasp of the terminology maybe it will be?

The ?golden age of malls? is interesting in the fact that I lived out of the city wayyy in the sticks where people would drive tractors to town to pick up milk and such?

About the invasion sure ill go (draws sword and raises it in the air)?but what exactly is there to defend in Scarborough?seriously what our over saturation of doughnut shops I think we could spare a few.

BTW thanks ? I was writing a story for Sharnirah but then I got writers block?check it out (produces small black cube from pocket)

9. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    FYI Phalstar,

If Markham joined Toronto, then we'd be Toronto's China Town, not boonie.

There's nothing boonie about it...it's like living in Hong Kong.

Boonie is places like Aurora or King City...
    where people cow tip, kids listen only to gangsta rap and the only thing they do for fun is hockey. and when they're bored they play hockey....and between fun and boredom they play hockey.

and to celebrate the hockey they drink beer and lots of it....oooh....i hope the lush side didn't catch that...i said their magical word. ;)

10. prof_frink

prof_frink Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 1, 1999
    scarborough people run away to avoid being mugged by each other

Speaking of which - did you guys hear about the latest gang violence - at a Tim Hortons @ Markham and Sheppard, a guy got his hand lopped off with a machete... lovely...

11. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    Was the guy named Luke? And was the machete glowing red? If so, yeah...I heard about it....perhaps Bespin is a community in Scarlem.

12. prof_frink

Feb 1, 1999
    That's the misconception about scarborough... sure, it's got it's bad areas but people don't realize just how big scarborough is - the area, which is refered to as 'Scare-borough' 'Scare-beria' or 'Scarlem' is pretty much lawrence between Kennedy to the west, pretty much to port union - and then there's the horrid area of 'mclevin, which is the whole 'neilson/sheppard horror story... but if you go north - it really is a quiet nice area, kinda like Markham but with better drivers... ooooo that was a wee bit offside...

I no longer live in scarborough - when I got married, we moved to Ajax, but I work in scarborough, and both our parents live in scarborough - so I'm here more than I am in Ajax, so I still call this home...

Anyway, that concludes my scarborough lesson for today... Tomorrow - the pitfalls of Etobicoke....

13. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    As a Markhamite...or whatever the heck we're called....I totally agree....people in Markham CAN NOT drive! Except me of course! :D

14. prof_frink

Feb 1, 1999
    I think people from markham are refered to as 'Snobs'....

Oooooo now THAT was a wee bit offside!

15. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    I was gonna suggest Markhamomanamians, but snobs is pretty good too, if generalizing a bit, i think it's only about 87.4%

16. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

this from a guy mating bagels with timbits....snobish danish children!!!!! ITS OFF TOPIC BUT I DON'T CARE!!! i got you now!! MUAHAHHAHAHA

17. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    yeah, well where else are you going to get danish children, NOT FROM MARKHAM, that's for sure

and that's cheating!!!!

18. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    And what do you call people from Ajax? Bleach? Ok, that was lame....

btw, i'm not a snob *poshly walks away with his nose held high*

19. Anaden

Anaden Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2002
    I've never tried these boards but...hello back!

20. Duker_Duck

Jul 25, 2001
    Big mistake my friend.

21. phalstar

phalstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    "And what do you call people from Ajax? Bleach?"

OMG, yeah that was lame ;) (And yeah, I dunno how to do that cool glowing text thingy for references.... oh well)

22. prof_frink

Feb 1, 1999
    And what do you call people from Ajax? Bleach? Ok, that was lame....

Lame as that may be it reminds me of a story... My mom's Aunt and Uncle moved to Ajax in the early 80's, anyway, most of my family are immigrants, so just imagine the accent in your head as she (my mom's aunt)says this to my mother:

"Oh yes, we like it alot here in Javex"

no joke...

BTW I think we're called 'ex-scarboro-ites'

23. Duker_Duck

Jul 25, 2001
    Does that mean your reformed criminals?

24. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Welcome to the boards, Anaden!

25. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

what about those of us still living in good ol' scarborough? ;) should you all be scared of me now? *christina puts on a scowl* grrrrrr :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.