main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Lady_Lucas, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Hi there,

Well thank you very much for all the lovely bashing. Let me explain a few things... First of all I did NOT know what spaming was. In the past I would post quizzes on several other boards. I didn't know I was not suppose to. I came accross Bush's Sept. 11th speech and thought it was very heartfelt and respectful. I posted it on all the different world forums because I know that the whole world was affected by the tradgedy. Of course I would NEVER make a mockery of the tragic event. In turn I was only posting what I thought was an important proclamation of rememberence. So please save your spit and fire for someone that truly deserves it. I didn't realize I was committing a wrong act on the forum. I apologize if I offended anyone. I take Sept. 11th very seriously and my heart goes out to all the families, firefighters, police, and others that lost their lives in the tradgedy. I am sad to see that this whole post received such discourse.

Thanks for all your kind words and attitude. I am glad to see we have such an understanding and clear thinking group of kind people. Thanks again!

2. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

A very warm welcome to you! :)

3. Carter-TFN

Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2001
    If you post a link to the thread in question and it will be easier for everyone to respond.

4. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
  5. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    She's talking about this.

Edit: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Griff beat me to it. *rips hair out*

6. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    by posting here, you are agreeing that you have read the TOS. By posting the exact same thing in multiple fourms, you are spamming. Please don't do it again. You registered here in March, so you aren't a newbie. Perhaps you might have noticed that when you post, it asks you twice if you've read the TOS?

7. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    I'm sorry I don't mean to jump on you but yes you did quizes and I noticed that some of them have been locked for the same reason these ones have.

Infact one was locked and you reposted it with a different name, so to some understanding you knew that it was wrong.

8. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    First of all I did NOT know what spaming was.

You've been here since March. You have over 700 posts. You've posted lots of places. Sorry, but I don't believe you when you say you didn't know what spamming was. You may have had good intentions, but you still knew it was spamming.

And like LadyVader81 said, it's the same thing you did with the quizes.

Well thank you very much for all the lovely bashing.

please save your spit and fire for someone that truly deserves it.

Show me one instance where someone bashed/flamed you. Everyone expressed their opinions in that thread without flaming or bashing at all that I could see. PPOR before you go pointing fingers. Oh, and no one deserves to be flamed or bashed.

I take Sept. 11th very seriously and my heart goes out to all the families, firefighters, police, and others that lost their lives in the tradgedy. I am sad to see that this whole post received such discourse.

Good for you. Here's another thing: You also probably knew from posting where you do that there was going to be an Official 9/11 thread. If you knew there was going to be such a thread, why did you post those other ones?

Thanks for all your kind words and attitude. I am glad to see we have such an understanding and clear thinking group of kind people. Thanks again!

Everybody likes a bit of sarcasm. [face_plain]

Liz: You. Rock. All. Over. GriffZ.

:p

9. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    While your intentions were good, as mentioned above, it is spamming under TOS guidelines.

10. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Again I DID NOT know about spamming, I am not going to argue about it. Believe what you want. I have seen other people repeat the same topics on different forums and NEVER get locked. I was under the assumption it was ok. Now I know so it won't happen again. So lay off ok??

Here's a bit of friendly sarcasm...May I beg for your forgiveness mighty ones... ;)

Thanks! Have a great day! :)

11. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Well, if you want to claim ignorance about spamming, fine. But did you just miss the Sept 11th Official Thread, even though this is such an inportant subject to you? Or perhaps you didn't think that a political figure like Bush might not be too terribly popular in every international forum, so perhaps any mention of him is best kept in the Senate?

12. McNerf-Burger

McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 13, 2000
    Woah. Thats somewhat ridiculous. You really think Bush shouldnt be mentioned in fanforce forums because some people dont like him? [face_plain]

Anyway I think people are being a bit harsh here. I really doubt Lady_Lucas was sitting by her computer thinking "Tee heee hee, I shall annoy everybody in the foreign fanforce forums by talking about September 11th. Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Take this France! Take this Canada! Ah ha ha ha, my revenge is complete!" People need to chill out. Count to 10 or something.

13. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    okay, it was explained to lady_lucas what was wrong, and now she knows that she needs to read the TOS before posting.

is there a reason this thread is still open?

14. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    I have seen other people repeat the same topics on different forums and NEVER get locked.

Post proof or retract [face_plain]

Again I DID NOT know about spamming, I am not going to argue about it. Believe what you want.

Uh huh. So you're saying you outright ignored the TOS? You didn't read it? Didn't understand the "Please read the Terms Of Service before posting. By pressing the POST button below, you are agreeing to the TOS."? Didn't learn from all the other trolls and the like that spammed and were banned? Didn't listen to the mods and older posters? Didn't read the Informational Threads? Gotcha.

EDIT: *looks at McNerf's post* [face_mischief] :p

15. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    "Anyway I think people are being a bit harsh here.... People need to chill out. Count to 10 or something."

This board thrives on drama and it's rampant everywhere but McNerf speaks wisely.

This thread is now locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.