main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~Helloooo Out There~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by mybacta, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mybacta

mybacta Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2006
    Very new, very confused, but big Star Wars fan. Read the books, do the movies, dobble in fan fiction that I never finish [face_clown]. Love HP and LOTR too but SW has always been my most favorite...

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome to the boards, mybacta! :)

Confused? Why? Because of the big boards and all the things you can do here? Then I suggest to start in WNU. Here you can get a good feeling for the boards and you can ask us whatever you want and we help you. :)

Or is it something else why you're confused? If you tell us, we could be able to help you. :)

And about your FanFic, you should visit FanFic Resource. With all the advices and help you can get there you should be able to finish it. :)

Ok, now I've asked a lot of questions, so one more question shouldn't hurt, right? ;)
    Where are you from? I'm just wondering. :)

Enjoy your stay and hopefully see you at one of our social threads like the Newbie Welcome Party, hugging or the pillow fight thread. :)

3. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Welcome to the boards!

Aye, there's a lot here to help with any confusion you may have. Not only can you ask any questions, which we're all happy to help you with. There's also a lot of helpful threads, such as the Map of the Boards - and a ton of others which you can find links to at the top of the page.

Don't be shy to explore beyond this forum though, this place is massive and hides several hidden gems. You can make a lot of good friends and read from some really funny people. Enjoy your stay!

4. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    Hi! Welcome aboard! :)

5. Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2006
    welcome mybacta! always nice to welcome new members!

don't be too overwhelmed with everything there is. remember: baby steps!

if you're looking for something fun, as well as meeting other users, might i suggest teh mole game. you can check it out here.

also, a great way to forge a good friendship on the boards is to get adopted! you can either PM Skiara, or you can check it out. lots of fun you can either choose to be a jedi of the light, or succumb to the darkside and become a sith!

enjoy your stay! glad you are aboard!

6. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Welcome to the JC! :)

Since you love Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, you might enjoy our Science Fiction and Fantasy forums. There you will find various threads where you can discuss both of those series.

7. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Welcome to the boards mybacta, I hope that you'll like it here with us and if you have any questions, any at all, don't be afraid to ask. :D

8. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Hello and welcome to the boards. :)
    I hope that you enjoy your stay here.

9. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Welcome mybacta, welcome to the JC!

Glad you joined up.

10. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Welcome mybacta, have fun and feel free to PM me if you have any questions at all. :)

11. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    Hello, mybacta! Welcome to the boards!

Another Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings fan? Awesome! :D

12. mybacta

mybacta Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2006
    :D I feel like family already!!!!! :D
    You all rock my socks....

But as far as Skiara asking me what exactly is so confusing...there is just like so much on these things. I don't know where to start as a newbie and not get eatten alive for my relative lack of knowledge about SW-ness. I read the books and all but...you know.

THANK YOU ALL! [:D]

13. Padawan_Abbi

Padawan_Abbi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2006
    Welcome Mybacta! I also like HP and LOTR! If you need any help just PM me with any questions!:)

14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    It's great that you like it. [:D]

And about your worries of get eaten alive, these boards are really friendly. The mods have a close eye on this and that it stay like it is. So whenever you get attacked, don't reply to that post or pm, just go straight to a mod or above. They'll help you. :)

If you're afraid that your thread get locked, then you there are two things you should do: 1. Take a look through the last pages of the board where you want to post it. If you can find a similar topic, then it is better to post there instead of opening a new one. And 2. if you can't find a similar topic, but you are still afraid of being locked, then it is better to ask a mod in a PM if your idea of a thread is ok. :)

And the best advice I can give is, take some time, lurk first and post only in already existing threads for some time. This will give you a feeling about the certain boards and you know soon what you can do and what you shouldn't do. :)

I hope that helps you a bit. :)

15. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    All very good advice that! Do explore, and look around. Have fun. And don't hesistate to ask if you are wondering about something, many people will answer you as best as they can (and for others, take Skiara's advice :)

See you around mybacta,

DU.

16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    A welcome [:D]!

17. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Good to 'see' new 'faces'. Have fun!

Thread Status: