main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HellWeekTask the Second- That's it baby, work it! Sell yourself!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 4' started by PulsarSkate, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Ev, I hear you. I had input on this one but did not do the final set-up. I'll pass on your concerns to PulsarSkate when she comes online.

I know this situation bugs you, but having me undo Pulsies' decisions the minute she goes to sleep, and vice versa, would be even worse. Nobody would ever know what was going on then.

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Well. I won't be able to be online for much longer, and Pulsies 24 hour deadline will expire before I am able to log on again. I'll submit my entry to her anyway, but will be disappointed if it ends up a pointless gesture. I'll get over it, though. :p

Also Jay, when you read this, it's not meant as an attack on you - it's just you're at the centre of it! :p I'm just trying to arrange it so that the task means something, and that your autonom counts as such. You're still awesomely cooltastic.

3. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I want to be clear that I agree with Everton on this. It seems to me that the task has to mean something. As it is, it's just a regular eviction vote with the exception that we ask not be evicted with ads.

I also want to point out (again) that leaving two housemates in the house (with no third place winner, btw) from Monday or Tuesday until Friday is a patently bad idea and I'm not keen on it. The way I originally understood this task (as I described above) worked for me and I was ok with it. In that version, Jay would be up for eviction (per his request) and one other housemate (the person with the least votes in this task) would also be up for eviction. One of those two people would be voted out by the JCC and then another would go on Thursday with Friday as the final decision.

That actually makes some sense to me. Surprises are cool, but not when the surprise is leaving two people to fight it out for four days.

Just my two cents.

4. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Other dumb question.

Are the JCCers voting for the best ads (so the one with the most votes wins and is safe?) or are they voting for all the other ads. Looking at this bit:

It would imply that the JCCers are supposed to vote for other ads, not our own but then the follow on bit about "bottome two ads" implies that the ad with the fewest votes loses. Am I the only one that needs clarification?

I'm currently building my ad, instructing JCCers to vote for me. I hope I'm not asking them to vote me off.

5. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    My ad has been submitted now, but it too implores JCCers to vote for me. I don't have time to change it now.

EDIT: I assumed those blanks were supposed to be filled with names of housemates other than yourself:
    Juli smells!
    ...for example.

Juli does not smell.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    My ad invites the JCC posters to vote for me, but the instructions tell the JCC posters to vote against me. I went for the middle ground.

7. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    That's how I interpreted those blanks as well, Chris--hence my confusion about what we were supposed to ask for. Anyway, I figure if you and I do the same thing and I know that Dave did as well, then it's ok.

8. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    Yep, this time it's a "Vote For." That will be made abundantly clear in the "sister" JCC thread. And giving reasons why all other candidates are unacceptable is basically a way of saying that you are the best option around. "Negative campaigning" can be hilarious, actually. :p

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Never more than now do we need an 'Anti-Confusion Officer'.

EDIT: And behold she appears! :D

10. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Oh, would you mind to change "DON'T VOTE" for "VOTE" in my instructions, then?

11. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Haha! Ok. Here's what I've gleaned. [/Anti-Confusion Officer]

We are to make our adverts in support of us. Where Pulsies said "Vote for Dave, he eats poop" she really meant "DON'T Vote for Dave, he eats poop."

Clear? Clear. Good.

Dave may or may not actually eat poop.

12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm suddenly very sure that my entry is a poor excuse for one... :p

But that statement could only come from Brian or me.

13. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm amazingly confused now!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/Biyu42/Foros/4958-explosionsmall.gif]

14. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    Will do. :) People are really voting their approval of your ads. In theory, it's not supposed to be about "Oooh, who do I like least as a person and want to kick out??" Rather, it's about what piece of work viewers like most. You are bedazzling us with your brilliance. :D

In reality, some people will just vote by name anyhow, but the idea behind "voting for" is that people are voting for their favorite performance. The fact that you are attached to that performance is supposedly incidental. The idea is to nudge e-fame to the side now that were down to the last few survivors, and basically say, "I don't care who you are--show us what you can do."

It'll probably be a straight-up popularity contest anyway, but that was the thought. :p

15. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Based on that, I am satisfied that my entry is fine.

Which is exactly why we must have a vote on the three entries followed by a vote between the least popular entry and Jay Jay.

16. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Agreed, but I don't think that's in the cards. :(

17. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    We have made our feelings known. The SS were receptive to Jay. Perhaps their kindness will extend a little further.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Their kindness may extend a little Führer too, but that could be potentially dangerous.

19. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
  20. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    Okay, I'll relay that one. :)

[image=http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/4583/mahcrates2st8.gif]

21. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Sometimes Ophelia scares me.

And I like it.

22. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Hahaha. Good one. :p

I still don't know what to do with said crate, by the way. It's taken control of half my house, bathrooms included.

23. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Hello Housemates

I'm going to read back through this, take some notes, have a small brainfart and get back to you.

Please try not to explode/quit before then.

Thanks.

-Pulsies

24. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    I don't think anyone's gonna quit/explode. Well...maybe Dave, 'cause he saw my ad and he's afraid. :p

25. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Maybe "saw" is not the appropriate verb here, my friend. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.