main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Help a fan to drive with the stars

Discussion in 'Community' started by Qwerky, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Qwerky

Qwerky Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2015
    A good friend of mine is a big Star Wars fan as well as a great amatuer racing driver. This is his helmet :-
    [​IMG]

He has made it through to the final round of a competition where lesser known drivers get the chance to compete at the Race of Champions against motorsport stars like Vettel, Lorenzo & Ryan Hunter-Reav. In this round ten drivers are in a public vote and the two with the most votes will drive at the event.

I'm posting this here in the hope it will be possible to get the Star Wars vote behind him. The other drivers are all circuit racers with sponsors behind them where as Scott is a hillclimber which doesn't have that sort of support - though he has achieved more than the other drivers, being 5 times national hillclimb champion.

The vote is being held on Facebook but you don't need to like or share anything to vote. It is just a couple of clicks and its done.

Scott is a big fan, as hopefully you can tell from his helmet and your support will mean the world to him - and I will make sure I send him this way to thank you (unlike some of the others he has a day job to pay for his racing so his friends are campaigning on his behalf)

Below is a little more about Scott but please say if you have any questions. It would be great if you could post when you have voted. Scott has 14% of the vote at the moment and I think you could shift that quite some way.

Thank you!

[​IMG]

2. Qwerky

Qwerky Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2015
    Hopefully Community was the right place to put this and the Arena tag, but please move it if it would be better somewhere else. Thanks.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Is he the only human who can do this?

Sarge likes this.
  4. Qwerky

Qwerky Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2015
    I believe he's the best human for the job

5. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Alright I voted but it was tempting to vote for Rick Parfitt!

[​IMG]

6. Qwerky

Qwerky Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2015
    Cheers. It is actually Rick Parfitt's son but he's pulled out as his band are playing a gig the night of the competition!

7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    If only his dad had pulled out

SuperWatto likes this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Can your friend spin? I believe that's a good trick.