main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY HELP: a Star Wars trivia question that Jammies can't answer. Can you?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, May 16, 2014.

1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    So, I was talking to my 9 year old nephew over Mother's day weekend. He always loves to save up his Warz questions for Uncle Jammies! But, he asked one that I don't know what to say..

Oh, and I am not going to tell him about the whole Legends/EU/Disney thing.. he is 9!

So, he says: "Uncle Jammies? After Kit Fisto and Seanse Tinn and Mace Windu went to 500 Republica to arrest Darth Sidius and he tore them up with his red light saber, um, what did they do with the bodies?"

Dude. What did Palpy do with bodies of the dead Jedi? And, when we decide on the answer-- how do I phrase it to a nine year old?

MTFBWY
    Jammies

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Soylent Green

That's actually a very insightful question for a nine year old. What do they do with ANY of the dead bodies on Coruscant? Thousands of beings must die across the planet each day. Recycle them? Incineration/cremation? There's no land to bury them in. We know a lot of the solid waste of the galaxy goes to Raxus Prime and that's where Darth Maul ended up after Naboo. My guess would be cremation as the most efficient and economical way of dealing with the dead on Coruscant but I don't know what the "cannon" answer is, I can't remember ever running across it in a book.

If you want to be extra gentle you can tell him their bodies disappeared like Yoda and ObiWan. Or you can tell him it doesn't matter what happened to the bodies because "There is no death, there is only the force" or "luminous beings are we, not this crude matter".

Out of the mouths of babes...

3. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    I think it depends. Planet, Species, Culture, Beliefs. Some might bury their dead, other cremate. Drift in space, burial at sea. leave for the wildlife. Just depends on the aforementioned variables. As for Coruscant, again, might depend. maybe the jedi have a ceremony. maybe others burn. We did see Luke place vader on a pyre, maybe that's a jedi way. I'm sure, with a planet-sized city, there is some sort of undertaker service.

4. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Oooh Mika, I like where your head went with those explanations to a youngling about the dead bodies.

5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I agree. That's a good one Boss. Only problem is my nine year old padawan would reply with how Force Ghosts are connected with the chosen one, and taught by Shaman of the Wills. Or, in other words, he would see that it was a cop out. The "there is no death only the Force" will have to be a part of the answer though.

My thinking would be maybe Clone Commander Fox (the red guy, I think) hid the bodies? Would they have been used as evidence of the "Jedi Takeover" ? Or would the saber cuts reveal Palpy's secret identity?

And then to Vox's point-- yeah. They would have to cremate the bodies or something. A bajillion gazillion people on one planet, aint no room for burials. I wonder how many funerals we see in Star Wars (films an EU)? Qui-gon had a pyre. Per Lucas, Anikan disappeared as a force ghost, but Luke did burn Vader's armor on a pyre. In X-wing comics, books, and games, they shoot the bodies out into space.

So, I guess we don't know-- but something must have been done to the bodies of Fisto, Tenn, and Kolar.

6. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Well what about all the dead bodies in the Jedi Temple itself post order 66? That would have been a heck of a clean up.

7. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    I honestly don't think they even cared about the Jedi Temple after order 66... they laid waste to it so bad, the temple was nothing more than a smouldering heep after it all so the dead bodies I really don't think mattered too much... grim I know but this is the Sith we are talking about lol

8. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Maybe a giant head stone was placed in front of the temple for them.

9. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    New Question: Lady Deamonicus just asked me, and I have no idea. Are there any reptilian species that are force sensitive?

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I bet, like the Death Star, his building has a trash compactor.

11. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Sure. Sentient, or like, critters and what not?

12. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
  13. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Barbels come to mind right off the top. Not all barbels are force sensitive, but if one hatchling is, then all the egg mates are-- so lots of families of barbel jedi. It is just that they are so primitive that they haven't had a big impact on the galaxy till after Return of the Jedi (well, in the pre-Disney days).

Vonsnorkers, (misspelled Ithink) are reptilian canines (I know) that hunt using the force but they are not sentient.