main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help about JEDI in RPG world

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by jareffs, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jareffs

jareffs Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2009
    Hello everyone, I just made my account so I am real nooby here :)
    the reason why am I here is because I need you help and I really hope that you will have time and will to help me and explain me something...
    Its like this...I started to play JEDI in star wars saga RPG, never rolled JEDI before and so I am just a little curies what is relationship between JEDI and SITH ? I know who is good guy and who is bad guy...but....are the JEDI (good guys)trying to arrest SITH and bring them to justice or just simply fight them to death cos the are so evil?
    I really hope you will have time to look into my question and help me understand how and why do they the sith.

Thanks a lot :))

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome to the boards, Jareffs! :)

First question, have you seen all six movies and maybe the clonewars movie and its series? That will give you a good view about Jedi and Sith and how they interact.

There might be some differences between movies and RPG, but it shouldn't be much. So I suggest to ask in this thread for the details. I'm sure, they'll be happy to help you.
    ^That thread is even about RPG here on the boards, so if you are interested in joining an forum based RPG, it's the best place to start with. :)

I hope this gives you a good start, and don't hesitate to ask more about Jedi, if you still have questions! :)

Enjoy your stay and your first SW RPG! :D

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Welcome to the JC. :)

I suggest you check with the RPG experts over in the RPG Resourse board, I'm sure there are friendly folks there that can help out.

Also, for the Jedi and Sith Fan Clubs you can visit the EUC board.

Have fun!

(:p @ Rexy)

4. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I think it is really up to the Sith, but from my understanding it would be a Jedi's preference to simply arrest a Sith, but honestly would a Sith allow that?

I am not thinking so. It seems that the Jedi's hand is forced into a more capital action by the Sith, out of necessity would end up fighting for his/her life and the result is often times going to be the death of one or the other.

5. jareffs

jareffs Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2009
    Thanks a lot guys, you have helped me a lot here...I will look into RPG board..
    Yes I have seen all 6 movies, animated movie, all comics so far but I was just wondering am I wrong about JEDI vs SITH and are there other people on the internet that shave my opinion about that..
    I haven't read SW novels but I plan to look into them when I get the time...

My the force be with you all ;)))

6. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    That's pretty much it. Jedi good, Sith evil. Especially from the RPG standpoint.

Jedi seek peace and justice. Sith seek power and domination. Since Sith draw power from the dark side, the Jedi see them as inherently evil. This can seem hypocritical, as seen in Palpatine-Anakin dialogue in Revenge of the Sith. Your character can certainly explore that part of it, it is a RPG game.

I think a Jedi would try to arrest a Sith if possible, but a Sith isnt going to go for it so its always going to end up in a fight. Interrogating a captured Sith would be a fun RPG scene.

Way more information: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith

7. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008
    *Slamming fist into a stone table* No! We, Sith, are not evil, it is not our fault that the Jedi are jelouis of our drive to learn and protect the galaxy from themselves.

Welcome jareffs, do not let the Jedi fools lead you into believing that they are the "Good Guys". Yes, check out those sites, and you will see that we are the stronger and wiser than any force faction out there.

(Note: Yes, I am bias. I would vote for the Sith everytime....more or less.:D)

Just look around, you will find several of us that can help or will help.

8. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    The boy speaks the truth!
    Sith Rule, hands down.

In response to your question jareffs, I asked my father and he said I should ask the Emperor.
    So asked the Emperor and was told that the sith search for power, unlimited power.
    Aparently, a sith uses all power, not just the light side. A sith is fueled by the passions of the strong, dark emotions of anger, hatred, and fear. Nothing that I couldn't have told you myself really, so I wasn't very impressed.
    It turned out the Emperor had his laptop on and was reading straight off the wookieepedia page. Talk about lazy! Mind you, he does run the place 24/7 so he has an excuse.

As for Jedi, well I couldn't find any info on them. My father calls them 'dangerous' and a 'threat to the empire' and kills them where ever he finds them. *shrugs* Hope that helps.

9. Gurthrim_Lah

Gurthrim_Lah Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2008
    Forget the Jedi and Sith! join the Yuuzhan Vongs!
    uh... I don't think you know what I am talking about...

Oh well, Welcome to the boards.

10. jareffs

jareffs Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2009
    WOW thanks a lot guys you really done a great deal of work here for me, and I see some of you had fun posting on this board, and I am glad for that :) but...
    You missed the main question (or I didn't put it well), I need to know what will JEDI do when he confronts a SITH? Just don't say he will die please :p
    I know what SITH think about JEDI and how do that fell, but do JEDI know this and if that do what is they reaction on them ? Do they try diplomatic solution or do JEDI think it is inevitable to fight with SITH ?

I do know who are Yuuzhan Vongs and where they come from, I am noob to this board and forum not to Star Wars, I think you misunderstood me, but that's oke :)

My the force serve you well ;))

11. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Sorry, if we misunderstood you. That was no intention. :)

In my view the question should be 'how will a Jedi react when meeting a Sith', since the Sith won't avoid a fight by any chance. So Jedi have to fight.

But if they have the chance to avoid the fight, they will do. And then there are many ways to go then...

When playing a SW character (Jedi), I would make up one with its own philosophie. So even the Jedi's guideline is flexible in some way. ;)

12. jareffs

jareffs Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2009
    Hmm...this was really good, this is best answer I got so far :D
    Thanks Skiara, but I don't mind hearing other people opinion..to be honest I am looking forward of that..

Thanks again :)))

13. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008
    I need to know what will JEDI do when he confronts a SITH?
    (A) Like Skiara mentioned is correct. Would prefer not to go into battle if he could talk out the problem and not draw the blade. However, a Sith will do his/her best to destroy the foe. There are no problems in doing so espesially if it will limit the number of foes to deal with later.

I know what SITH think about JEDI and how do thay feel, but do JEDI know this and if that do what is they reaction on them?

Yes, the Jedi know about the feelings of the Sith about them. There is no love lost between the two clans. There are very rare occaisons that they may work together, but so far I have not found any. If you found a Sith and a Jedi working together you better say a prayer and take a holovid, (Well several), for they would be worth a lot of credits.

Do they try diplomatic solution or do JEDI think it is inevitable to fight with SITH ?
    Yes, Jedi use diplomatic relations to solve a problem, while a Sith would use it to further his cause.

Jedi
    My the force serve you well)

No, I bend the force with my will, to do what I want it too do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.