main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help about JEDI in RPG world

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by jareffs, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jareffs

jareffs Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2009
    Hello everyone, I am new here and I am here because I need your help and counsel about JEDI.

I have seen all 6 movies and an animated movie, and I am watching animated series, have read all comics so far but haven't read any star wars novel..

Now I am starting to play star wars saga edition, I am rolling JEDI for first time, I was roll playing star wars saga before but never played JEDI.. So if you can give me some basic about it (your opinion)about what is relationship between JEDI and SITH, as a JEDI do I always fight SITH to the death, do I try to arrest him and bring him to prison and that kind of stuff ?
    I know that SITH hate JEDI and they want to kill them, they wont allow to be taken alive, they are deceptive and not to be trusted...but should I roll play JEDI like that ? In fight JEDI vs SITH do JEDI hold beck or they go all out on them so they can purge galaxy of SITH evil ?

Hope you will give me your opinion, anything you write will help me roll play my JEDI better happy

My the force be with you all wink )))

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Jedi are supposed to be calm, rational voices for civilization, prudence, and fairness. Some of the novels have them akin to Tribunes of the Plebs, where people bring them problems/disputes, and they arbitrate and decide the matter.
    However, every time they meet a sith, they seem to loose it and bust out into all-out-rump-kicking mode.

Now, a couple of thoughts...
    Sith are dedicated to hate, fear, and anger. Irrational behavior. And a pathological hatred of the Jedi in differing levels. Maul was entirely hate. No attempt to talk to, negotiate, or arrest. Straight to killing. Dooku had standing as a leader and former jedi, and was only recently corrupted (not sure he was ever truly sith, even if he was dark sider). Attempts made to arrest and negotiate. Attempt made to arrest Palpatine/Sideous didn't go to well... Combat was all out to-the-death(s) by both Windu&friends and Yoda. ObiWan vs Anakin still had an attempt to bring Anakin back & redeam him, so ObiWan trying not to kill him. ObiWan vs Vader--Obi knew he wasn't going to win so stalling for time. Probablly would have killed him if he could have (from his point of view). Luke vs Vader--Luke trying to kill but outclassed. Vader trying to assess skill level & corrupt, so not really trying to kill. Luke vs Vader II: Vader & Emperor working to corrupt, Luke trying not to kill. Vader vs Emperor--blatant murder.

So it all boils down to motives and your point of view.

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    It depends what Era this is taking place in. Most Jedi are going to assume that a Sith Lord is totally evil and is going to fight them to the death. They would also be wary of an attempted attack if a Sith Lord offered to surrender. However, they would be honor bound to accept this, though surely some Jedi would attack anyway out of fear. It would be a Dark Side act to cut down a seemingly "helpless" Sith though (even though Sith are never helpless).

A Jedi may make an effort to ask the Sith to abandon the Dark Side and return to the Light however. Even so, they're going to be extremely wary and probably judge the Sith by his actions up at this point (i.e. if he's left a trail of bodies at this point then there's no going back). In the era where there were a lot of Fallen Jedi and Sith, it's quite possible many Jedi attempted to reclaim lost members from the Dark Side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.