main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help! Can Battlefront 2 DLC be downloaded to an xbox360?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jbenbow7677, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbenbow7677

jbenbow7677 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2009
    Hello all, this my first post here though I've been reading many of your posts on these jedi council forums for years.

I have an Xbox360, and recently got xbox live and was more than a bit exicted to find out there were 4 additional maps available for my favorite game of all time - Star Wars Battlefront 2.

I was able to download the free content, the hero free for all on Kashyyyk. But when I try to purchase the 4 map expansion the purchase fails repeatedly. I have a valid credit card listed on my account as a payment option and have repeatedly purchased microsoft points with it, unfortunately microsoft points don't work for original xbox games.

I can't find Battlefront 2 in the list of games in the xbox marketplace so I would just assume that content is no longer available, but I was able to successfully download the free content, so it stands to reason I should be able to download the $4.99 expansion....

I have emailed xbox customer support 3 times and everytime they ignore my questions and send a predetermined trouble shooting FAQ with no relevence to my specific delima. So I'm reaching out for help from my fellow star wars fans, if any of you have been able to download the content to thier 360 recently or can offer any help or advice I would be extremely greatful.

thanks

2. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Hi and welcome!

I wasn't aware you could download any original Xbox content on Xbox Live. Not through the 360 anyway. That's probably why you can't see it, and I believe Microsoft has ended all official support for the original Xbox and software, which is probably why you're being ignored. It sucks, but times move on.

3. jbenbow7677

jbenbow7677 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2009
    I wasn't able to download the free cotent from xbox live directly, I was given the option to download content through the Battlefront 2 in-game menu, because nearly everytime I try to join a session a message pops up telling me the host is using downloadable content, and I must purchase this content to join, it then takes me to the content which it seems may be unavailable for purchase.

4. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Yeah I thought it must have been something like that. I'm surprised it still gets support through Xbox Live, but then again, it's consistently one of the most played original Xbox games on Live.

5. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    If you are referring to the Star Wars Battlefront 2 expansion pack, then yes it can be downloaded through the XBOX 360. That's how I purchased the expansion pack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.